Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #1 
DarthMaul
Banned

Talking do your bettas let you pet them? LOL

Both my boys do and i think its Hilarious! Like they are dogs or something lol. They are not afraid of my finger or hand anymore! If anyone else tries, they bolt. Which proves bettas really do know their owners! :D Peter actually plays a game with my finger. He will nip at it, almost like attacking it and then circles it like a shark lol But it truly amazes me how they let me do this. I can hand feed both and move things around and it does not freak em out. Heck, the sides of their tanks touch and they dont even flare at one another anymore. One big happy family =]
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #2 
DarthMaul
Banned

Anyone at all?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #3 
newfishmom

My female, Bonnie, will let you pet her. Buster will follow my finger around and when I go in there to re-arrange stuff he will come up and investigate my hand. Peep will come up and look at you very closely but no touching. She reminds me of one of our dogs, always wants to be right at your face.
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #4 
vaygirl

All of my bettas will let me pet them. They're completely tame. Tango nibbles on my fingers but not hard. Kilo is a big time chomper. I've said before when I feed him he leaps up and hits the hand that's holding up his lid, and that's a good three inches out of the water. I'd hate to be bitten by him! So far I've just been butted. Whiskey doesn't bite but I can pet him and he checks out my finger.

I can't pet my dwarf puffer yet. He runs. But I feed him from tweezers.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #5 
DarthMaul
Banned

i wish i could see a betta jump that high! I have only seen a betta jump MAYBE the length for the tip of their mouth to their gills haha
Old 04-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #6 
vaygirl

I'll see if I can get my husband to help me get a movie of it.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #7 
BanditTus

My old boy I had years ago, if I stuck my finger in his tank he'd swim up and arch against my finger like a kitty lol <3 Solo I miss you

Nelson, my current Betta, I only got a couple days ago, so he's still unsure about me I think. He's getting better though
BanditTus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Ed lets me pet him and nips my fingers xD We actually play a game during water changes, he'll follow my hand while I'm siphoning and if I don't move it quickly enough he'll nip me xD He'll also follow my finger along the glass, let me pet him, and take food right from my fingers :)
Nova I could pet and hand feed too, but he bites, HARD, so I usually don't pet or hand feed him ^^; My girls will eat from my fingers, but won't let me pet them usually, same with Hayate and Jirou. Al actually won't take any food from my fingers or let me touch him....hes a very smart and attentive fish, always watching me, but isn't really 'affectionate' I suppose you could say xD

ALL of my babies are very tame though, very used to my hand as I've pretty much had my hands in the tank throughout their entire life xD They all nibble my fingers, take food from me, let me pet them, and I could even pick them up if I wanted. None of them are the slightest bit hand shy ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #9 
DarthMaul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditTus View Post
My old boy I had years ago, if I stuck my finger in his tank he'd swim up and arch against my finger like a kitty lol
Lol my Peter does that!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #10 
bloo97

Hahahaha!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote