Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2014, 05:45 AM   #1 
Ocky07

Will His Beautifull Fin Grow Back in FUll?

Hi, Newby Here.

Just wondering if my beautiful Big Blue betta will grow his fin back?

My Son, who is 2yr's Old. Decided to go fishing I Big Blues tank. I am unsure of how and/or if he jumped out but I was completely unaware that he was out of water for about 15mins to 30 mins. I found him stuck to the wall behind his tank and I thought he was totally dead. But I put him back in his tank and hay presto he was still alive. Over the next 24 hrs he was quite and not quite normal. (well I had only had him 24 hrs in the fist place, just thought I should add that piece of info). But he is better than ever now, a Week later making bubble nests and chasing my Fingers around the Tank.

He is in a small (3 litre) Tank at the moment and I have a 20 Litre one on Layby to pick up Wednesday.

Is there anything I can do to help him?

Thanks

P.S.

I'm an Aussie here so not sure on gal to Litre conversion
Attached Images

Ocky07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #2 
William Zhong

i've got the same problem too. your betta is fine, good at all, but sometimes we can't handle the bones growth, your betta's bone not growth well, it makes his fin looks bad, but don't worry, sometimes we can't do anything, it growth naturally
William Zhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #3 
Taeanna
Reference Team

Its 4 litres per gallon for reference (Aussie as well)

Your boy has one nasty tear in his anal fin yes but don't worry, bettas are remarkably good healers when given a chance. Often bettas recover with no problems but at other times they end up with a little battle scar to show their victory, a bent fin spine or a funny little kink in the fin for instance.
I recommend keeping his water sparkling and feeding him a really good quality betta pellet (new life spectrum and Hikari betta bio-gold are both sold here now!) and if possible supplementing his diet with a high protein source such as frozen/live bloodworms which will help him regrow faster.

Very handsome boy by the way, he looks a lot like my own boy Kaida.
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #4 
hubbley

He's very pretty. (: Glad he recovered so fast, Iv'e read other people's horror stories about that and their poor fish was a bit messed up for awhile.

Since it's such a severe tear it'll probably look like there is no improvement for awhile. I'm sure that will take a good amount of time to heal. Kind of gives him some character, though. (: He'll be a good conversation starter for awhile. (:
hubbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #5 
Ocky07

Thanks everyone.

I have already noticed some growth which is really good and he is not showing any signs of stress. His tank sits of a surround sound speaker beside my lounge chair and he is constantly making bubble nests and chases my fingers around. As I type he is building a nest. I put mirror beside his tank every couple of days for a short time and he loves that as well.

I am about to do a 50% water change.

Thanks again.

By the way this is my other male Phantom. He is a Nice Purple colour but shows more blue in the photo
Attached Images

Ocky07 is offline   Reply With Quote