Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #1 
Tinthalas Tigris

Aqua Tech Filters

Doing my weekly midnight "window" shopping at Wal-Mart, I reached my routine stop in the pet aisle, and for the first time noticed the different filters that were available; specifically, the "Aqua Tech" Filters.

These look like a really clever and cool design.

They keep the Biological and Chemical filtration separate, by having a "Bio Bag" in front of the Carbon filter.

has anyone used these? I thought the 60Gallon rated one with 2 outlets looked pretty cool just mechanically speaking. Filtration is one of the last things I ever look at improving in my tank.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #2 
Mister Sparkle

From what I've heard (I'm a Penguin guy), they are pretty good filters but everyone I can remember that had one eventually added on the bio-wheel before they were completely satisfied. I don't know, maybe they come with the wheel now...but I doubt it, if they are selling that bag. The wheel is so much more efficient for biological filtration.
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #3 
SaylorKennedy

I have an Aqua-Tech 5-15 gallon filter that came with the 10 gallon kit. It really is a nice filter. Keeps the tank clean, clears it up within a day if I stir up my sand, and it's quiet.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #4 
MustardGas

Yeah it is quite a good filter. Had it for a solid 7 months now and no problems! It is very quiet too. The flow output is a bit strong for my betta, but that can easily be fixed. He's fine with it though... may actually enjoy it sometimes too.
MustardGas is offline   Reply With Quote