Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #1 
ecoprincess

Angry No wonder people are misinformed on water changes!

Has anyone else seen this video on youtube? OMG! Seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzS1M...eature=related
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #2 
darkangel216

Wow. I don't know everything about bettas but I know enough to tell me that's a bunch of BS.
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

yea i have seen that and im totally outraged he does not even know the first step into caring for a betta...that small bowl is not the way to keep a betta a ten gallon tank is the best way to keep one and make it heavily planted..feed them at least twice a day..sorry if i stuck my nose into something i wasn't supposed to but i had to get my point across!! thank you:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #4 
Mister Sparkle

It seems like that store is looking to keep business up by making sure there are lots of poorly-kept bettas out there, and pretending they only require about half the care that they really do require. That "recommended" bowl was MAYBE about a liter. I wouldn't use a liter, and I'm the NANO-GUY around here!
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #5 
ecoprincess

HONESTLY the girl @ my pet store gave me the same adivce, so i had my betta in a half gallon tank with no heater, feeding him once a day ( the equiv to one pellet)
(1 100% water change a week)

After about 6mnths, my betta was pale grey, lathargic, fin rott, very tiny...and just very sickly. After joining this forum i decided to move him into a 5gal with heater, doing 100% water changes every week and 15% daily. And feeding him twice a day

After about 1 mnth he is starting to get his colour back, fins are re-growing and i havnt seen him so active since i first moved him out of his cup when i bought him!

DEFINATELY happier and removed from the jaws of death! LOL For sure under the old conditions freddy wouldnt have made it much longer!

THANKS to all you guys/girls on the forum who help people like me give better homes to their bettas! :) :)
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #6 
xxabc

Ugh. This guy.

Anyways, before youtube changed it's layout (why??), I think I remember he had between 1-3 stars. At least a good part of fish-owners know what they're doing. But it's Youtube - access to all the brightminded and boneheaded people on earth. I don't bother with the comments, they just bother me...!!
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #7 
CodeRed

If it helps, everyone knows expertvillage knows next to nothing about anything they talk about. I've only seen one guy who knows anything about what he talks about, and he's still pretty wrong. Still, its videos like this that keep the betta trade up and running. With info like this, people must go through one fish a week.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #8 
Kittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Sparkle View Post
It seems like that store is looking to keep business up by making sure there are lots of poorly-kept bettas out there, and pretending they only require about half the care that they really do require. That "recommended" bowl was MAYBE about a liter. I wouldn't use a liter, and I'm the NANO-GUY around here!
Who are you fooling. Excellent water conditions and it's fine.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:56 AM   #9 
Mister Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittles View Post
Who are you fooling. Excellent water conditions and it's fine.
lol...oh, right...I forgot. They don't need heat. Room temperature is fine! I should've paid closer attention to the video!
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:56 AM   #10 
Kittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Sparkle View Post
lol...oh, right...I forgot. They don't need heat. Room temperature is fine! I should've paid closer attention to the video!
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote