Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2010, 01:20 AM   #21 
s3kshun62

They have some pretty decent ones out there now. I mean I wouldnt force any fish to eat them 100% of the time..but until a good supply is built up it helps. I plan on throwing a piece of zuchinni in to see how it works next.
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #22 
xxabc

BlackBerryJoose, for the sake of your betta and whatever fish shall come, and for the ammonia levels and the water changes daily, I would upgrade before considering adding tankmates. A betta in a 1/2 gallon has enough bioload as it is.

I believe otos do need more room anyway, and with the upgrade, the oto should be fine.

Were you (s3kshun) planning on permanently housing the oto in there?
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #23 
blackberryjoose

Yea, I'm not going to ad any tankmate right now.

Upgrade might be coming sooner than I expected.

My girlfriend told me I could have her ten gallon tank, If I keep the fish too, because she is tired of dealing with them.

Only prob, is I don't want them..... Their sword tails, and wouldn't get along with Bizzy, right?

If I don't take her tank, I went to walmart today and saw a real cool Kit with the works for like twenty bucks!

I prefer to shop at the local pet store, just because I feel better about supporting local businesses, but IDK, that tank was nice.

Decisions, decisions.....
blackberryjoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #24 
s3kshun62

Nah, I never planned on keeping them both in a tank that small. Upgrades were always in the back of my head
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #25 
xxabc

Alright, that's good then. Because I highly doubt an oto could leave in a 1/2 gallon, even with a betta.

Blackberry, what was the kit? There's a 5 gallon kit for $30 at walmart, and a 10 gallon kit for $36 at Walmart. Your choice. I'd imagine the one you're looking at runs near 1-2 gallons? (IMO, go for the larger...haha). 5 gallons should be minimum for any kind of tankmates, and even then, you're near limited with only inverts. With anything less than 5, even having shrimp would be iffy. 10 gallons is the best for a community.

I don't even know what swordtails are, haha. See if your LFS will take them in.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote