Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #1 
s3kshun62

Betta Cube?

Has anyone ever seen this thing? It's a 1 gal cube...looks kinda nice and I've seen someone attach a hanging filter to it.

Looks neat
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:40 AM   #2 
blackberryjoose

That does look pretty nice. I have a Betta cube, but it's only a half gallon; made by Marina.

Marina makes a Lighting system and filter for their cube, too.

I wish I had found a full gallon cube when I got Bizzy, but I just went for the one I got.

It does look nice, wonder if thats a real bamboo?
blackberryjoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #3 
Tinthalas Tigris

It is a beautiful aquarium. WHen I first got into the hobby and saw them, i thought it was a fantastic idea. THen I read about how much room should be given to a betta, and I resented them.

Everytime I see any container less than a 5 gallon (What a snob i've become) marketted toward fish, I get this feeling of resentment that comes over me, making me say, "What torturous individual created that." I suppose a 1 gallon container is so much better than those 1/4 and 1/2 gallon containers that are also marketed to the betta industry, and someone who keeps their tank as pristine as tha tone, should be commended rather well for sticking to proper maintenance.

I
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #4 
s3kshun62

Those pictures are just the displays from the company. I have the Marina 1/2 gal tank, and the light for it as well. I think with a tiny filter it'd be nice....but..man..I like aquascaping the larger tanks.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #5 
zoragen

I have a betta cube.

I love the look of them.

My betta at work was in one for several months & did fine. I know it was too cold - but he didn't seem to mind it.

Then I upgraded to a 3 gal w/ a light & heater. I'm not sure he cares but I feel better!

Now we have a frog in the cube.
zoragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #6 
doggyhog

That tank you posted a pic of is about 1.25 gallons.

I googled it and it looks like it's about 18-25 bucks for it. I personally would never pay that much for a small tank. You can get a glass 2.5 gallon tank (If you want something stylish) for about $12, and a small heater for 12-14. Do 100% water changes 1-2 times a week and your set!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #7 
s3kshun62

I dont plan on getting one...just saw it, thought it looked nice. I've seen many things at hobby stores that would be great odd style tanks. I've seen this tall thick glass square vase, easily holding 3 gallons. It looks great...and very unique. Gotta find out if it'll hold a heater.