Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #11 
ecoprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenyTinyTofu View Post
^^ This. And it works GREAT using a small piece of a water bottle. I did it when my turtle was really tiny, so it wouldn't knock him around, and it made the outflow very, very smooth.

Do u have any pics of your filter with the modification?? I have the whisper 10i but took it out of my 5gal cuz the current was to strong and forced my betta into using 1/3 of the tank.
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #12 
s3kshun62

I purchased the Tom's Aquarium internal filter for around 14$ and it works great! It has the option to use a spray bar instead of the spout. It even has adjustable flow...so you can crank it or bring it to a slow stream. Sushi loves it, he always swims around it. By the way, I'm using a 2.5gal tank
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #13 
Jayy

thank you everyone i'm going with 10i
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #14 
Tinthalas Tigris

Here is the mod that I use for my filter. I hope it assists you with your own.

You take a disposable plastic water bottle, and cut off as much of the top, and bottom so that its remaining length matches the width of your filter. You then cut a line down the length of the remaining cone, and then fix it onto your filter. The water hits this barrier first, and then trickles out the side at a slower rate.

Fantastic, inexpensive mod. Highly recommend.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote