Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #11 
ArrowheadShark

Thank you for the kind compliments guys :'D Let me know when you're ready for one, FreeFlow! ;)

Olympia, I would be willing to look into mailing you the drawings. My main concern with mailing outside the US is shipping the sculptures overseas; I'm just not quite ready at this point to face the ocean with my fragile sculptures, so-to-speak.

And yes, I'd be happy to try my hand at some goldfish! Go ahead and PM me with the details of what you'd like ;P
ArrowheadShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #12 
ArrowheadShark

Working on a commission for someone, thought I would share a work-in-progress photo. He'll be going into a bowl diorama, I can't wait to get started on it! :'D
Old 07-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #13 
Aquatail

Your artwork is absolutely gorgeous! I would love to see the completed work of the fish that looks like a peacock, it looks stunning!

A few questions about your work. One of my bettas recently passed away due to a tumor and a little sculpture would be a lovely way to remember him. He did have some slight quirks that I would want to include, though. For one, his dorsal folds in on itself like the one on the sculpture in the picture above, but on the other side of the fin. Sorry if that doesn't make a lot of sense, but actually the fish I'm talking about is my avatar so you can get a visual of what I mean by looking at his dorsal. Second his ventrals were quite long and once they got to a certain part of his anal fin they got pretty thin, you can also see those in the picture, with little white tips at the end. The little white tips also, I would like to be added as a little touch. Due to my hard water, his fins, specifically the anal and caudal fins, are, well, I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. They're not exactly curls, but not really frills either. You can see that in my avatar pic to get an idea of what it looks like. Lastly, for the stand, would it be possible for you to do a custom plant? I don't mind if it's at a little extra cost. He had a plastic plant that was his favorite and he loved hanging out in it, so it would mean a lot if it could be recreated for his stand.

I apologize for all the questions, but if I did get a little sculpture of him, it wouldn't really look like him without his little quirks, you know?

Edit: Looking at my post, the avatar pic is a bit small, but I think you can still get an idea of what I mean. I can send you a bigger picture too, if you'd like to take a closer look.

Last edited by Aquatail; 07-15-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Aquatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #14 
ArrowheadShark

Aquatail,

Thank you for the compliments, and don't worry about questions; how else would you find out if not by asking? ;) I do understand what you mean about the hard water curling the betta's fins, my own betta fish Shark has some curls on his ventral fins that have never gone away, though his other's have since smoothed out now that he's at my house and not the dorms.

I will work to the best of my abilities to capture the quirks and details of your fish, it's actually a bit of a peeve of mine that I didn't follow Khorne's photograph as accurately as I would have liked (his dorsal, for example, wasn't quite that shape >_<), but I've been under quite a bit of stress lately. Hopefully Khorne's owner will be alright with the sculpture look-a-like ;-;'' If not, I'll fix it to their liking.

As for reference photographs; The more photos you can give me, the better I can find all the details I need to render him accurately. I will say that coloring may be tricky since I am very limited in my red shades, but I will do my best to mimic it(In fact, I already have an idea on how to get the variants). I will note that the ventral fins will be extremely fragile with the long tendrils hanging down, so they may have to be a touch thicker than they are in the photograph, else they'll have no hope of arriving intact. And yes, I see how his fin folds over, it's a cute quirk.

I gather that you are interested in a stand betta and not the bowl diorama, yes? As for the plant, I'll need some photos of it to figure out if I'll have to charge a small price for it. I may even luck out and happen to have the same plastic plant on hand, as I've since stopped using them in my aquariums and have switched to silk or live.

I am sorry for your loss, what was your little fishy's name? He is quite the beautiful boy!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #15 
Aquatail

Thanks for replying! I have many pictures I could send you, I just didn't want to suddenly spam you with photos! A lot of them are kind of blurry, but if you can see certain spots well while the rest is a blur than I figure it would be helpful. It seemed like whenever I took photos of him there was always some part that was blurry! I figured the ventrals would be quite fragile and I do understand that they probably will need to be a bit thicker, and that's alright. I just wanted to point them out to make sure that they're something you could do. :)

And yes, I would like a stand. His tank was a rectangle so seeing him in a bowl would be a bit weird! Sorry if I'm being a bit picky!

I can definitely get a picture of the plant really quick. I actually haven't taken apart his tank yet. Actually, this might be really odd, but would it be possible to color the stand or something on the stand to represent a few of the other things in his tank? Even if it's just a splotch of like color here or there. He had a rainbow cave he rested in a lot and a light blue silk plant with some purple he also liked. If you could represent those two things somehow too, I'm certainly willing to pay extra for you to do it. But if I'm getting a bit too crazy here, I understand. :) Would you like me to send you some pictures now in a PM? I wouldn't want to clog up your thread. I will warn you though, the favorite plant especially, is rather dirty. I tried to clean it when I could, but it was a lot of little leaves to scrub. One of the branches is actually broken, but I was worried what he'd do if I took his favorite plant out. XD

And thank you. Phox was a lovely fish in many ways. :)
Old 07-16-2014, 12:51 AM   #16 
ArrowheadShark

Phox, what a beautiful name :'D No, you're not getting too crazy at all ;P In fact, now I wish I had a little teensy rectangle aquarium on hand - I've seen them before! I'll send you a PM with my email, and you can spam me with photographs and I'll throw some ideas around with you. Sound like a plan? ;P

At least you got good photos of him, though! Shark will pose for the camera... but move right when I click the button, silly buggar. Pleco has only just started coming out for it, poking her head out of her cave, it's quite cute.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:12 AM   #17 
Aquatail

Sure, that sounds great! I'll start sending them in a minute, I have to go take a few photos of the tank objects really quick.

That sounds quite cute! Phox used to stick his head out his cave too! I think I may have gotten a picture of it actually, I need to look at the camera memory card to see if I took any more of him that aren't on my computer.

Also, a side note, the peacock betta in the first page, would it be possible for you post some photos of the finished product whenever it gets done? I totally want one it looks so absolutely stunning, and I would love to see what it looks like when it's done!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #18 
ArrowheadShark

I'm sorry I forgot to answer that; yes I will post finished photos of the peacock betta. For right now it hasn't changed, except that the humidity at an event made all the curls smooth out - oops! Maybe a spurt of hairspray? Hehehe, I'll figure something out.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:41 AM   #19 
Aquatail

That's fine, I asked a lot of questions after it! :)

About the photos, I sent you one e-mail with some of them. I'll need to send a few more to get all of them, but I wanted to make sure you can see them big enough? I think on your end there may be a button on the panel that pops up when you slide over it or click on it that'll enlarge the picture, but if you can't find it, do you want the pictures bigger? I could send them as a file for you to open that should send full size.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:19 AM   #20 
Aquatail

Phew! All sent! :)