Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #1 
TeenyTinyTofu

I May Adopt Out Tuna

... in a week or so, once he gets a bit better. He's the rescue from Walmart that wasn't hurt as badly. He's otherwise healthy with a great appetite. I'm not sure how ship a fish, so we'll worry about that later.

I say this because, he is tormenting Taco, the one who is very sick. I went out and set them up in a nice 10 gallon divided tank. I lined the divider with plants on both sides, to inhibit just a little bit of them being able to see each other. Tuna is stalking Taco, and hasn't moved for hours from the divider. He's even RAMMING the divider, and trying to figure out how he can slip through the side where the divider meets the glass (not enough room for him to, luckily). Meanwhile, Taco is being so submissive, and hiding fearfully in his plants.

I'm thinking if this continues, I may put Tuna back in his temorary 2.5 gallon container, and give Taco the whole 10 gallon to himself.

And instead of having 3 seperate containers, I may adopt out Tuna to a great home, if someone would like him. I didn't plan on having 3 seperate tanks/containers, which is why I initially went with the divider plan. But Tuna is just being... a big meanie.

Would anyone be interested in Tuna if I decided to adopt him out? He will only go to a home that I am confident in, not to the very first person that says they want him (unless I feel that's the best home for him). He still has some chewed and split fins, but he'll be beautiful when he grows out.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #2 
TheJadeBetta

I hope you find a great home for him. Good Luck!
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Poor little Tuna. I don't have room for any more and can only get another when one of my fish go to the big ocean in the sky.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #4 
a123andpoof

Poor Tuna. I hope you find a good home for him!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #5 
Bettabubble3

I dont have any space. Sorry. But Good Luck :)
Bettabubble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #6 
Greynova27

Yeah, good luck with that. I love having a lot of fish but it's so sad when you even just lose one. So I don't think I'll be adding to my collection for awhile. But I'm sure you'll find someone to give him to...

But I think why Tuna's so persistant on stalking him is because who knows how long they were in that cup together, right?
Greynova27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #7 
TeenyTinyTofu

I wonder that too Grey, about how long they were in the cup. The water was REALLY dirty compared to the other cups, and Taco was in really bad shape, so probably several days, would be my guess.

Tuna is being extremely persistant, almost obsessive, with flaring and stalking Taco at the divider. And Taco runs and goes off to mind his business when Tuna does this, poor Taco wants nothing to do with confrontation. But I can tell it's stressing him out, because everytime he see's Tuna, he hides in his plants.

If I can't find him a good home, he'll just stay here (but I'll still keep my eyes open for any potential good homes for him) and I'll pick up another larger container for him.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #8 
Greynova27

That sounds like a good plan because the poor thing seems scared for his life and who knows, maybe he has post traumatic stress :P
Greynova27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #9 
akjadestar

I wish I could... even though I have just one betta my parents say no more...
Good luck!
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #10 
Noko

I would take him, but I have my hands full with my sorority that I am going to break up soon. Just need to get another ten gallon tank and a few other things.

I wish you and Tuna luck!
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote