Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #1 
Noko

That's it, sorority is being split up

I had the scariest water change today. I sucked up one of my girls. She is ok, but I can't deal with the sorority any more. There are two girls that are always having their fins torn up, and I just feel really bad for them. Theia is the one ripping them up too. Theia even has some fin damage.

The thing is, this horrible water change is the thing that made me go crazy. I started crying and almost started to hypervenilate. I just can't deal with the stress of having all my girls in the same tank.

The reason I am telling you this is I need a place to get a cheap ten gallon tank. I need to get a heater and 3 smaller filters. I am going to buy some dividers because last time I made a divider I came home to dead fish a few days later. Where should I get most of these things? I already have enough gravel and hiding places to put into two tanks.

If I end up getting that 100 gallon tank I really want, I would just end up dividing it into 5 sections. I would end up giving each girl a decent amount of space and putting community fish in the last section. It would end up being a betta's dream home.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #2 
TeenyTinyTofu

Walmart sells 10 gallon tanks for cheap... around $10. They have cheap filters and heaters too. Also check your local Craigslist, you can find some really good deals there.

Sorry to hear about the stress with your sorority. :(
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #3 
Neelie

very sorry to hear a sorority really is like a poker game... you have to be very lucky to stay out of trouble... and it depends greatly on the females too...

i have 2 strong females that fight alot too.... 1 is in a fry net keeper thingy atm caus she's so ripped up...
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #4 
Noko

I will check out the new Walmart near me. It's brand new and huge. They have to have some tanks there. I have had the sorority for two months, so I have tried. I got tons of new plants so the girls had lots of hiding spots. I really love the sorority, but making those girls suffer so I can have a beautiful tank isn't worth it. I love waking up to see Thiea too. She loves watching me and my dog sleeping.

BTW, how are Taco and Tuna doing? I just love Taco, even though I have only seen him in pictures.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #5 
TeenyTinyTofu

Aww, I wake up and find Taco watching me in the mornings too, lol.

Taco and Tuna are doing good, but I'm about to have to split them up. I had divided a 10 gallon for them, but Tuna is stalking Taco 24/7 at the divider, and even ramming the divider and trying to find a way to squeeze through it, just to get to Taco. And Taco wants nothing to do with it, and is hiding in his plants from the stress. So Tuna is going back into a temporary 2.5 gallon container, and Taco is going to get the 10 gallon to himself.

I'm thinking about adopting Tuna out actually, if I can find him a good home.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #6 
Noko

Aww. Hope Tuna ends up either learning he isn't going anywhere by stalking Taco, or gets a good home!

I just love waking up, turning to the left, seeing my dog, then turing right and seeing Theia watching me. It's sorta creepy, but at the same time I love it.

I think I sucked up Hebe. I can't tell now because she is back to normal, and looks like Eris.