Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #11 
Sella

xxabc I was just looking for info as to what he *is*. I didn't th ink he was a metallic veiltail, and figured he'd be a delta, and then I was curious as to what a cambodian was, specifically if it was just a coloration or a "type". =) I definately wasn't going to pay 35$ for him, (Though he's worth it) but since the employee was misinformed I only had to pay 5.99 for him so I'm pretty happy about that. I feel like I got the good end of the bargain here =))))))

I can imagine possibley paying a bit more for a dragon coloration, but not the metallic. I see so many of them!

And i'm not a goldfish expert either, but I do know that you shouldn't keep more than 1 goldfish in anything smaller than a 20 gallon, although I had 2 goldfish, in a twenty gallon and they both lived to 8 and 5 years. Goldfish produce huge amounts of waste and end up killing themselves in their own toxic waste.

Now that I have my beautiful ugly dragon I'm never going back to that store again!

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-25-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #12 
xxabc

Sella, "dragon" and "metallic" are basically the same thing. ( I believe). Technically, it's called a dragon, because it looks metallic. But still, not worth it, unless it's coming from a top-of-the-line breeder! Betta fish that only resemble dragons can be described to be metallic, but wouldn't be technically dubbed 'metallic.' Does this help a little? Of course, I could be horribly wrong. This isn't my strong spot, haha... And we've established a cambodian is color. Which is pretty common as well, nothing to over-brag about, hehe.

All I know is that it depends on the golfish (fancy, or...something. hahaha) but they all generally require large space. But 7 in a 10 gallon... wow.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #13 
Mister Sparkle

I might pay a dollar or 2 extra for a fish because it's pretty. But the thing that makes you pay $30 for a fish is the confidence that it'll "breed true!" I've bred lots of "dragons" that weren't actually dragons, if you catch my drift.
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #14 
mysquishy

Very pretty! Dragons are my favorite. What a crazy lady you had to deal with.

I got my dragon at walmart for $3.49 but I think he was accidently sent there. LOL
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #15 
Sella

Yeah I think I read somewhere that "metallics" and "dragons" are somewhat the same...while he just doesn't look metallic AT ALL, it looks like someone painted him badly with some white out. Its so matte looking.
I just wanted some more information because I really wanted to argue the fact that a metallic veiltail isn't worth 35.99! but I couldn't because I didn't want to make a fool of myself if I was wrong. Anyway. He's doing great in his quarantine tank until I put him in the divided tank. How long do you think I should quarantine for?

And Mister Sparkley I'd totally pay a few bucks more for a good looking fish as well. =) Except NOT 35 when i know I should only have to pay 5! haha
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote