Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #1 
Veloran

Hello to all.

Hello all, where do we start with the introductions.
My dad has kept fish for as long as I've known, one of my memories of our first house is a big barrel full or fish outside the bedroom window. He moved on to a room of at least 11 tanks, none of them under 40 gallons filled with all manner of tropical fish (this is excluding the approximately 300 gallons of water set aside to stale for water change days).
The first fish that he gave me (that was all mine) was a blue VT betta and now years later its the fish I want. I don't have one as yet, I'm still getting everything together plus I'm going on vacation for a little over two weeks in a couple months and don't entirely trust my friend who will be housesitting, so I'm planning on getting a tank all set up and cycled ready for a tenant once I get back.
I do look forward to asking some questions and getting input from all of you. I've been browsing this site for a while now and I'm glad to see so many with so much experience who really care for their pets.
Veloran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #2 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Welcome to the forum!
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #3 
uhmkatiemarie

Welcome! If there's any questions you have, just post away! Someone will answer you promptly, I've noticed and I've been here since last night!!
I hope you find the betta baby youre looking for and he lives for many many years :).
Good luck!!
uhmkatiemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #4 
Veloran

Thank you much, I did see a gorgeous little red VT, but he wasn't in the best condition and he was at Wal-Mart. Considering everything, my complaints to the manager plus my commitment to get that place to quit killing the fish on their shelves, I had to resist.
Veloran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #5 
uhmkatiemarie

I totally understand. When I first got Gilbert, I seriously wanted to get them all. Every time I go to walmart I always stop by to see the fish and once I found two bettas in one little cup. There was a winner :/. I separated them but the inferior one was pretty tattered. I was livid. I knew no one would care though :/. I would VOLUNTEER to care for the bettas and give people advice in how to care for them at walmart and other awful places :(.
uhmkatiemarie is offline   Reply With Quote