Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #1 
rachel1811

Question Are mirrors essential kit?

Ordering the bits n bobs for the tank so its all systems go and nothing is missing.........do I really need a floaty mirror thing? they r quite expensive. Couldnt a normal mirror next t the tank for a few minutes surfice??

Also having HUGE problems finding an actual fish to buy locally. Alton Hampshire UK. Any 1 know anything that could help??? Looking like it will have to b mail order. Can any1 recommend a good company in the UK?

Many Thanks

Rx
rachel1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

no you don't actually have to have a floating mirror, holding a mirror up to the tank will work just fine.

I'm not sure where you can buy fish in the UK.. I don't know of any breeders there but I'm sure you can order a fish off aquabid but it will probably be pricey
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #3 
Welsh

When you say your having a huge problem finding a fish do you mean you cant find a betta? If so I got mine from Pets at Home, it was the only place I found one. Do you have that store in England? Personally I wouldnt buy my fish through the internet or whatever because you never know what state it is going to be in, how healthy it is or even if it turns up alive. If you go to your local store you can ask them to order in the fish you want. =)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #4 
vaygirl

Mine don't have mirrors. Actually, if you have a bright tank in a dark corner, they'll see themselves in the glass. Both of mine do and they flare at their reflections. That doesn't cost anything! :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #5 
TeenyTinyTofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Mine don't have mirrors. Actually, if you have a bright tank in a dark corner, they'll see themselves in the glass. Both of mine do and they flare at their reflections. That doesn't cost anything! :)
^^ This. That's what mine do... flare at their own reflections, lol.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #6 
Maryrox247

Hmm. I think aquabid sounds good for your case. I have never tried it but many people on here use it and love it. Not to mention the BEAUTIFUL fish offered! The only thing you will need to think about is if you will take the risk of a dead fish from the mail and if you will be willing to spend the money. Either way you choose im sure you will find a little finned friend! Good luck! =D
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #7 
Sens

I have never had mirrors ... :O
Sens is offline   Reply With Quote