Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #1 
TeenyTinyTofu

Question AquaBid Experience?

For those who have bought betta's off of aquabid.com, what was your general experience with the process? How was the check-out procedure? How much was typical shipping for your fish?

Not right now, but in the distant future, if I do decide to get another betta one day, I want a specific color and type (not sure what that is yet). I see some beautiful ones on AquaBid, and may one day see about purchasing one. However my only experience with AquaBid has been drooling over the photo's for over a year, but nothing else, lol.

So I'd like to hear the experience some of you have, for those of you who have bought a betta off of there before, because when I do purchase one, I have no idea what I'm doing.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

I haven't bought a fish but I've bought supplies. I find it very easy to use. Once you make the purchase you mainly work directly with the seller through email to handle shipping and what not.

Generally if you get a fish from overseas shipping is going to cost $5 to the trans shipper and another 30-40 from the trans shipper to you. That is in addition to the cost of fish of course. If you work with a seller in the US (or your country) then you won't have the added shipping costs involved with transshipping.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #3 
TeenyTinyTofu

Yeah, I was reading over a few ads, and noticed it gets pricier with oversea's shipping, with the transhipper. I'll likely stick with a US seller and try to find the fish I want through one of them.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

You might also try finding a breeder through an IBC group.. I'm not sure if there is one for LA or not but you can search through the chapters at IBCbettas.org. That is usually the cheapest way to find quality fish.

If you do go off aquabid make sure you look up the feedback on the seller.. that will give you the best idea of if they're good to work with or not.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #5 
sstacy19

I have bought 3 fish from aquabid. Shipping is high. I paid $47 for 2 of the fish to be shipped together. You would probably have better luck checking petco once a week. They have been getting in so incredible fish! Or contact Orlando guy on aquabid..he has BEAUTIFUL fish, is close to you in terms of shipping, so you can do priority..I HIGHLY recommend him.
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #6 
NIB BETTA

My transhipper is local, so I save quite a bit of money. The two sellers I have used provide excellent communication. They answered all of my questions in a timely manner. Thus far I have been happy. I pick up one of my fish this weekend.

With the other fish I ordered, the seller missed the airplane leaving Thailand on April 25, so I have to wait another two weeks. He let me know the status of my fish immediately. Even offered to throw in a free female for his mistake. I told him not to send a female, just make sure to send the fish that I paid for.
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote