Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #1 
AkaiBetta

Introducing the pair

I finally decided to start my 4th attempt of breeding. I tried introducing them today the male definitely wiggles. The Female lowers her head when he comes near (I was told that's a good sign).
She has vertical stripes but YET SHE DOES NOT WIGGLE?...

Hopefully that's normal right?...

I tried to breed her twice... And failed. She had horizontal lines and got stressed out and never gained interest in the same males ever again.

This time I got her a male betta that is aggressive but not too aggressive. She seems to like it but idk why she doesn't wiggle?

Do they have to wiggle to prove that she's interested?...
AkaiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #2 
AquatiBetta

Haha just give it time. First time breed in it always stressful and difficult. With my last a spawn it tried to spawn the female 4 times with 2 different males and on the fourth time she actually bred. She looked stressed and town up while she just sat in the corner but as long as she's not gettin seriously injured then leave her in there cuz she regained interest and then they bred. The previous times I took her out to early but just leave the girlie in and leave em alone, check in every now and then to make sure she's not gettin hurt
AquatiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #3 
AkaiBetta

Okay well I just went back to check. The female is injured but not as bad as last time. She's just sitting there....from being tired.. Her stressed horizontal lines HAVE NOT showed at all. Her Vertical lines are still there but it's fading.... :(...

The male is still trying to get her attention and wiggle
AkaiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #4 
AquatiBetta

Just give it another day or two, maybe they are too young, immature or maybe she's just too young to breed. I've had the girl in the tank for 5-7 days before breeding
AquatiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote