Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #11 
xxabc

You wouldn't "need" to exactly, but I would HIGHLY recommend it. Those are fairly easy tanks to cycle.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #12 
doggyhog

Also check craigslist and freecycle.

You can often find tanks for CHEAP and sometimes even free!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:59 PM   #13 
smallvle

well, i just bought the walmart Tetra starter kit plus a heater and a new thermometer (mine now is one of those flat stickers that sticks to the outside of the glass.) but i bought a floating thermometer. it all came out to around $50 (i needed a little more gravel too and may need another plant, though i'm thinking of getting a live one, but that'll be after i learn what i'm doing cycling. one step at a time.) : ) i'm going to read over some stuff on cycling, though as many times as i've read it before, it's all gibberish to me and makes absolutly no sense, but who knows? maybe the 400th time's the charm... can't wait to figure it out though and get my tank set up! i'll post pics when i'm all done and Seuss is happly swimming in his new condo. : )
smallvle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #14 
xxabc

You'll be learning it in no time. I'm one of those people who easily learn things hands-on. That's the case for fishkeeping too (I consider it hands on... lol). It didn't take too long for me to get enough basis and say "I know what I'm doing!" Hahaha.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #15 
smallvle

thanks for all the help guys, but i've decided (for now at least,) to stay with my 2.5 gal tank. i've had a ton of garbage/ stress going on lately, and after buying and returning 2 different tanks, i realized i was making it waaay too complicated and was stressing way out over a silly fish tank! so i'm going to wait on upgrading. though i did "finally" get a new heater, a tetra 2-15 heater that will keep the water right around 78 degrees, which is better than my mini hydor heater (they are great heaters, by the way, you just need to keep an eye on them!) but it kept fluctuating and i think it was dying. i also got a better thermometer, though Seuss kept swimming by it and flaring at it. : )
smallvle is offline   Reply With Quote