Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #21 
Starbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Sparkle View Post
I'm incredibly please with the performance of the MarineLand 10W heater.
What size is your tank? I put mine in my 2.5 gallon and the temperature shot up to 83F! With light it was 85Fish (lol Fish). I'm saving it to use during the winter though... it must be to effective to use during summer :/
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #22 
Welsh

I'm assuming that question was for the the mighty sparkle?

I have just fallen in love with a veil tail and I want him so bad but have no room lol

Last edited by Welsh; 05-03-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #23 
Starbright

Oh wow! I just fell in love too! O.O Get him! Where'd you find him omgosh!!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #24 
Mister Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbright View Post
What size is your tank? I put mine in my 2.5 gallon and the temperature shot up to 83F! With light it was 85Fish (lol Fish). I'm saving it to use during the winter though... it must be to effective to use during summer :/
So far (and I only just finished "test driving" it), I've used it on a 1 gallon and a 2.5 gallon. One thing I noticed is that the "minimum water line" is completely inaccurate. I can only guess that the device's thermostat is located at, or just above, this line. The only success I've seen was a result of leaving the heater completely submerged. That being done, I've had steady 78-degree temps for over a week!
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #25 
Starbright

Really?? I'm going to have to try that! (completely submerging). Does it shut off at 78 automatically for you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #26 
Welsh

Ok. so I am now left with a cold betta and have no idea what to do. The heater I am sending back it is still in the tank im just waiting for information on how to return it and the water is just above 60. I can't find a heater anywhere, I have trawled the internet but don't trust most of the websites I have stumbled upon and I can't even put him in the heated 12 gall because I have 4 females.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #27 
Mister Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbright View Post
Really?? I'm going to have to try that! (completely submerging). Does it shut off at 78 automatically for you?
Posted via Mobile Device
It does.
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #28 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
Ok. so I am now left with a cold betta and have no idea what to do. The heater I am sending back it is still in the tank im just waiting for information on how to return it and the water is just above 60. I can't find a heater anywhere, I have trawled the internet but don't trust most of the websites I have stumbled upon and I can't even put him in the heated 12 gall because I have 4 females.
Did he come with a cup, or something? You could float him in a small container in the bigger tank. It seems to me that it would better for him to have heated water.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #29 
Welsh

No he didnt. At the moment the heater seems to be at 80, I just hope it stays at that since I'm trying to treat him for fin rot too. I have found that if I heat the water in a kettle before adding it to the tank the heater seems to keep a steady temp. I saw your pics of your critter keeper and noticed you have a heater in there, which one do you use?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #30 
Welsh

Is there even any point in cycling a 2.4 gall? is it even achievable?