Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #121 
CNDBETTAS

Sorry for the delay, My CPU was giving me issues and my phone locked me out of the forum. It was an interesting predicament to say the least. ANYWAYS, I will have PLENTY of pics later today. He's eating very well and enjoying his big giant tank! (At least giant in his mind LOL).
CNDBETTAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #122 
countyrd419

I too like many others have been following Patriot's road to health. I am so happy that you found him before he passed away. I sure hope you complain to Meijer and let them know. The only way betta care is going to change if hundreds of us bombard Walmart, Petsmart, Petco and Meijer with complaints and tell them of our rescues. I just wish that the International Betta Congress would step in and speak on behalf of us to the CEO's of all of these companies just as the ASPCA speaks on behalf of cats and dogs. We too need to have a voice.
Enough said for me.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #123 
CNDBETTAS

Agreed! So, Im not sure if he is just stressed from shipping but he has gotten sluggish. Hes not looking sick or acting funny just kinda tired.... Ill keep everyone updated.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #124 
Seki

This is his first experience with a filter. It may very well be wearing him out. Their swimming muscles can atrophy if not exercised, and he hasn't been exercised before. :)
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 AM   #125 
PunkinOfSteel

Reminds me of my Punkin..

<3

He passed around the end of November last year.

These two pictures are very far apart. The first picture is shortly after I got him, the other is when he was 3 1/2 years old. He lived to be almost 4. Started out SO small, he was so young and he turned huge. I wouldn't be surprised if he had King in his blood, he was thick like one. He started in a 1 gallon and moved up to a 10 gallon and I was working on getting him into a 20 gallon long but he passed before I was able.
Attached Images

PunkinOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #126 
CNDBETTAS

Wow!! Punkin looked like one happy boy!!! Im sure he loved every minute of his time with you! Seki, your probably right, I just worry LOL. He is eating but we have to shut off the filter AND leave the room lol. He is VERY skittish. I was able sneak in and see him eat so that is confirmed but as soon as he sees my wife, son, or me, he makes a B-Line for his plants.. Poor guy. He'll warm up soon enough. Lol
Old 07-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #127 
Seki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNDBETTAS View Post
Wow!! Punkin looked like one happy boy!!! Im sure he loved every minute of his time with you! Seki, your probably right, I just worry LOL. He is eating but we have to shut off the filter AND leave the room lol. He is VERY skittish. I was able sneak in and see him eat so that is confirmed but as soon as he sees my wife, son, or me, he makes a B-Line for his plants.. Poor guy. He'll warm up soon enough. Lol
Huh... that's so odd, he was always the fish who was staring at me and following my finger. He didn't even need a mirror to flare, he would flare up at my fingertip and chase me away from his territory (and his bubblenest haha). Oh well, as long as he is eating and not looking clamped or sick, he's probably fine. Keep us updated, though! This is so weird because he looked really good the day you got him home. Not clamped or stressed or anything.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #128 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

He might have just realized he's in a completely different place. He'll take time to fully settle in.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #129 
CNDBETTAS

He definitely isn't clamped. And when I sneak into the room, Ill catch him swimming around. I was able to get in and watch him eat this morning as well. Ive also "caught" him swimming around being goofy lol. But as soon as he notices anyone is in the room he darts back to his plants. Makes it almost impossible to get a pic haha. He probably thinks im gonna put him back in the box haha! Im sure he will come around....
Old 07-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #130 
Sabina88

Its most likley becuase he's just geting used to his new enviornment. Losts of new sounds and zmells and activity and probably different water all after being shipped in a box. I'm sure he will feel better in a few days.
It might help to get him a few silk plants to go into his tank that way it will provide him more cover and places to hide and feel safe. It might also help if you coverd the tank with a towl for part of the day so he has some time to relax and get used to everything.
Hopefully all it is, is just getting used to his new home
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote