Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #51 
CNDBETTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
CND, I would just be careful with those plastic plants! They are notorious for ripping up Betta fins because the fins are so delicate! If you are going with fake plants, best to get some silk/fabric plants like what Seki has in Patriots temp tank!
Yeah, I learned my lesson with the plastic plant thing. I had a few (not like these) in my HM tank and they actually tore his fins up. It was a small injury and healed up very quick and very clean. I actually replaced it with the same plants I have in Patriots new tank. These ones are actually rounded and they are VERY soft. The pics dont do them justice lol. I havent had anymore torn fins since the switch. But yeah, I agree and appreciate the heads up none the less. As far as Patriot being that important to me lol, Ive never actually adopted a rescue Betta before so I want to make sure he is in the best care I can offer! After his toxic swamp water filled cup, its only fair I give him a great home! Kind of like making ammends on behalf of all the humans that think Bettas deserve MUCH better than that LOL!
CNDBETTAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #52 
AAquarist

This is a wonderful thread, it really made my night :) CNDBETTAS, thank you so much for adopting Patriot and Seki thank you fostering him. He is going to have a wonderful life!
AAquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #53 
CNDBETTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAquarist View Post
This is a wonderful thread, it really made my night :) CNDBETTAS, thank you so much for adopting Patriot and Seki thank you fostering him. He is going to have a wonderful life!
All the credit goes to Seki!! If not for her, Patriot would still be in that horrible water in that tiny cup! My wife and I get to enjoy him cause of Seki's good deed!! Were glad to have him! I will definitely post pictures when he gets moved in and is all setlled in!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #54 
sadiepotts666

he looks like a paint brush :) to cute!
sadiepotts666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #55 
cerebrobot

I cant wait to see pictures of Patriot in his new set up!!! nice CNDBETTAS!
cerebrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #56 
CNDBETTAS

Ill be sure to post them!! Again, all the credit goes to Seki, I just provided the housing, shes the real Betta hero here tho!!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #57 
Seki

Aww you guys are too sweet. <3

Okay, hopefully today is the day! Patriot hasn't been fed in two days (it's necessary to fast before shipping, but I felt bad not giving him his pellets with everyone else!) and I have his shipping bags. I just need to pick up his box from the post office (they SHOULD have it for me, but my post office is sometimes bad about that...), get him packed up, and ship him out to CND!! I'm going to miss this little guy! His bubblenest is so huge it covers 2/3 of the surface of his tank right now! EPIC bubblenester! But I'm sure he'll make an even bigger one for CND~
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #58 
CNDBETTAS

Haha! He sounds like a GREAT bubble nest maker! Ill make sure to take LOTS of pictures of him in his new home so you can see him whenever you like! Ill also cut a big styrofoam cup in half and tape it to one of the sides furthest from the filter so he can do as much bubble nest building as his fishy heart desires!! I have a high quality betta food that he will hopefully enjoy as much as my other boys do!! Cant wait for him to get here!!! Im plugging in the heater and everything today so the water should be pretty close to ideal when he gets here!! Ill keep you posted on how hes doing in his new home as well!!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #59 
Seki

He is on his way!! Pics of him in his bag will be posted when I get home. Godspeed Patriot!!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #60 
CNDBETTAS

Awesome!!! My wife and I will be anxiously awaiting his SAFE arrival! My three year old son keeps looking at Patriots tank and saying "Fish go in here!" LOL! Needless to say, he is also very excited! I have a few days off work as well so there will be someone at home everyday until he gets here so no chance of him getting stuck waiting outside or at the office! I will post pics as soon as he gets here and also of him in his new "mansion".