Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #21 
sjones

sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #22 
sjones

Clampy's new cave and unclamped photos with new heater

It's so true, there are no good betta caves. I think I am going into betta cave production! ANyways I got some aquarium glue and here is the cave i am making for Clampy, not fancy but it'll do. I t has to dry still..
Also check out how big his fins are these days with the new heater and aquarium salt, he is a very happy fish!
I have been exercising him daily with the mirror, and want to get a ping pong ball for him to play with in his tank (I read they like to push these around)

Old 05-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #23 
sjones

Before:

After:
Old 05-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #24 
zoragen

Great job - that's one happy fish!
zoragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #25 
shadowfax

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones View Post
Could I have some advice on water changes, how often, tips and when to completely "scrub" down tank?
What I have been doing is changing out 8 cups of water weekly in my 3 gallon tank. I use a liquid water conditioner, which adds beneficial bacteria that your betta requires for a healthy habitat, and also a liquid chlorine remover to condition the new tap water. There are several brands out there to chose from.

I use a small syringe from a pharmacy to administer the correct amount of conditioner to the new water. You will see an immediate change in your bettas health and vigor.

I keep the tank out of direct sunlight to avoid algae growth, and haven't really had a need for a complete scrub down. I think that a complete scrub down destroys the beneficial bacteria that is so important for aquarium life.
I also use a small biological filter, which is also an important part of the whole cycle.

I hope this helps.
shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #26 
mfskarphedin

Hi, for natural-looking caves, I've always used 1/2 coconut shells in the past. Crack them in half (remove ALL the meat!,) crack an entrance, and boil it well. Then put it down like a dome in the tank. :)
mfskarphedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #27 
Jayy

I really think its a 2.5 I have the same one. Where did you get it Petco?
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #28 
sjones

I think it's a generic one I got at a local pet store here, but I started pretreating my water in gallon jugs and discovered it takes 3 gallons..
Old 05-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #29 
Jayy

alright
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #30 
sjones

Bragging Mom

I'm seriously bragging over how amazing lil' Clampy looks here, but I am just so thrilled with him, he has improved so much thanks to this forum's advice and I wanted to share these pictures! Notice how he has ventrals now! Not just white spines! ANd the colors, I he was a grey body with blue fins, now he's all red and green and aqua..anyways I love him. He's not the most exotic betta but he's special to moi!
Attached Images