Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #11 
newfishmom

I feed Aqua Culture Betta Pellet Food {it says color enhancing fish food} Bonnie, Buster & Peep gobble it up like there is a famine coming and this is going to be the last meal!

Roscoe just yesterday started coming out and letting me look at him. He is still a bit skittish.

Off for groceries and looking at different "foods for the picky Betta" Still thinking that if I give him more time he will start eating. *fingers crossed*

Last edited by newfishmom; 04-29-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: speling {haha}
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #12 
BettaxFishxCrazy

When one of my fish had internal parasites 1fish2fish recommended giving him the medicated pellets dipped in garlic juice because he wasn't eating the medicated food. What I did was, cut up a couple cloves of fresh garlic, grinded it together to make it a little mushy, than you put the pellets in and microwave it for 30 minutes. The pellets suck up the garlic juice when you microwave it and you just stick the pellets in and you're done! xxabc uses a garlic juice that has no additives in it, I'm not sure what it's called though. Just make sure it's fresh garlic and doesn't have any other addicitives in it.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #13 
sjones

It says in the FAQ post here DO NOT FEED PEAS and that it can damage your bettas stomach-
my guy just stated eating, i had to slit his pellets in half to a smaller size-it worked
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #14 
newfishmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy View Post
What I did was, cut up a couple cloves of fresh garlic, grinded it together to make it a little mushy, than you put the pellets in and microwave it for 30 minutes. The pellets suck up the garlic juice when you microwave it and you just stick the pellets in and you're done! xxabc uses a garlic juice that has no additives in it, I'm not sure what it's called though. Just make sure it's fresh garlic and doesn't have any other addicitives in it.
I cut up my garlic, blended it in a blender as much as I could, then smushed them some. Then put them in a coffee filter and wondered what to do with the mushy mess! I ended up putting the whole thing into a small bowl with a little water. We'll see what happens with that. But my question is. If I were to put my pellets into this mix and microwave it for 30 min. it would just turn to mush. If I put my pellets into any water it will turn to mush in a very short amount of time. So I guess I am saying I am missing something.
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I recommend daphnia instead of peas. Daphnia is a healthier alternative.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #16 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Oh crap, I meant 30 seconds NOT minutes!lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #17 
xxabc

Best mistake ever, much? Hahaha.

Newfishmom, the only thing you're missing is a good microwave time, LOL. I've never microwaved so I don't know how that would turn out.

Keeping a microwave on for 30 minutes is ... scary.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol! 30 minutes would NOT be good.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote