Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #1 
Jupiter

I'm back!

Hi everyone! Sorry for disappearing without notice...I went to visit my family for the Easter holidays, but my computer was totally broken when i came back! It kept crashing, wouldn't start up at all...so I had to send it to Best Buy for repairs, and I just recently got it back.

Betta-wise, things have been high and low...my minty green butterfly HM suddenly died one day, without warning.

I went to Big Al's, were they had received the most amazing stock ever. Their whole wall was filled with halfmoons, mustard gas, butterflies, black orchids, coppers! it was crazy! I picked up a gorgeous black orchid HM, and he's still alive today. He bit his tail when I first put him in, maybe because he could see Dahl but couldn't reach him, but he's now healing...haven't thought of a name yet.

I then went and got another betta that had caught my eye. He was a silver-ish dragon with red markings on his fins. I bought a 2 gallon critter keeper and put him in there, but it seemed like he was sick from the get-go. He only floated at the top, didn't swim much, and rarely ate. He died within a week. He was a very handsome guy. I had named him Noel.

Then Dahl, my sweetest betta has passed away. I noticed that he had been going to the washroom more than usual, but I didn't think too much on it as he was still eating and acting normally. After a few days, I saw that his fins seemed to have bloody tips. I seperated him and gave him clean water and salt, as I didn't have any meds. The next day, a bit of the base of his tail was gone and bloody. He seemed to have trouble swimming, and died the next day while I was at school.

I then got another betta for the 2 gallon Critter Keeper. He's a mustard gas and a real cutie. He wasn't doing well at first, either, but the clean water seems to be perking him up. He's eating and he's more active now, so let's hope he doesn't end up sick. I haven't named him yet, either.

I've decided not to get another betta for my 10 gallon, though. I'll remove Dahl's portion and split the tank 4 ways instead, so my boys get a bit more room.

Sorry for the long recount! A lot has happened. So, what have I missed with you guys? Anything new happen?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back! I'm in Texas right now, away from my fish. I got a call from my fish sitter who told me Yerakina passed away yesterday. I'll be back home this Sunday.We have had a lot of deaths today and yesterday. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of yours.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #3 
doggyhog

Hmmm... well... not much around here. My crew is good, was busy last week so the poor things didn't get fed twice a day. (I swear they were mad at me. LOL) Gustav some how got through the divider and beat up rillian a bit, but nothing bad.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Welcome back!! I'm sorry about your fish losses. :( I've been going through a really rough patch too.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #5 
Jayy

welcome back!! i know how you feel about your bettas suddenly passing
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #6 
sstacy19

Sorry to hear about your fish! Welcome back!
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #7 
Jupiter

Thanks! It seems like a lot of people have been unlucky, too.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #8 
bloo97

Sorry About Your Losses. ):
Show us pics of the new orchid!!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #9 
SaylorKennedy

Welcome back!
Sorry about all your fish that passed. Congrats on the new guys. Pictures?!

My marble delta, Ryhs, died too. Dropsy. Poor little guy.
I did get a dragon and a new tank though.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #10 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I love your avatar picture SaylorKennedy. :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote