Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #1 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Red face Another new fish...

I went to Walmart yesterday and saw this guy, but I didn't really want to get out another tank for him. I woke up and found Isolde passed away last night. She wasn't doing good at all. My other 2 males are doing great though. I wasn't going to get the other guy but he's missing almost all of his tail so I figured no one would buy him. All he needs is a little TLC and aquarium salt and his rays will grow back in no time! My sisters fish who was missing half of his tail is growing in so fast! He looks like a fish that another person on here had or has. I can't remember who it was though... Anyways, here he is in his new 2G home. I lowered the water level down a lot because he kind of has trouble swimming with no back tail so I didn't want him struggling to go to the surface. Sorry about the blurry pictures, he wouldn't stand still.lol I hope there's no permanent damage...in a couple places he bite it really close. It looks like he bite it, I don't think it's fin rot...he was in really clean water. I just realized in the last picture you can see new rays starting to form.
Attached Images

BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #2 
doggyhog

Oof! Poor little guy!!!! He really did him self some damage! Hopefully he doesn't continue to do it after he's healed!

Sorry 'bout your little girl.. :(
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah...hopefully he'll stop. I'm hoping he just did it because he was in that little cup. Thanks! I hoped she'd pull through, but she wasn't doing good. :(
Old 05-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #4 
Zenandra
Banned

Oh my what a gorgeous boy!! He is going to be a stunner once his tail has grown back! Great find! I'm sorry about yout little girl though *hug*
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #5 
mysquishy

How pretty. Is he a copper????

Sorry to hear about the loss though. :(
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #6 
kuklachica

Aww he is cute. Sorry about your girl :( Didn't you just get her?

He kind of looks like my Gipper only with more blue in his tail?

kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #7 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm thinking he's a copper, but I'm not sure. Yeah, I just got her but she was in a horribly dirty cup at Walmart and wasn't doing good to begin with. I hoped she'd come around, but she didn't. :( Thanks for the nice comments. :) Yeah, he does kind of look like Gipper.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

He gobbled his food right up this morning (I gave him 2 pellets). I noticed that he bloated a little so I'm going to soak them before hand. I've noticed that he's VERY skinny and I'm hoping it's not parasites...when he turns around the tops of his scales kind of pop out and I'm wondering if this happened when he was biting his tail. I hope he doesn't have dropsy...I don't think so because it's just when he turns around; they aren't constantly sticking out. I'll try to get better pictures today of him. I moved him to a 2.5G and he loves it.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #9 
Jayy

i'm glad you got him hes so pretty,hope he heals soon!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #10 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Thanks Jayy! At first I lowered the water level because I thought he was having trouble swimming but it doesn't bother him at all. :) So even if his tail doesn't grow back fully, at least I know it won't bother him.