Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #11 
1fish2fish

And I don't know what their lineage is. I know the names of their breeders but I wouldn't know how to get in contact with them.

I feel very lucky.. they aren't even from the same breeder but they make a great pair! I'm interested to see what we'll get with them. I don't care too much about color but I hope we'll get some with Daddy's finage... he is perfect!
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #12 
SweetnSpicy

I have the same problem with my marble pair. Well, not as much as not knowing how to contact the breeder, as much as not really wanting to... I am so lazy! :P

He is really nice! I love her coloring in the last picture, your pair are like they were made to go together haha. He has a really nice body, and nice ventrals, and the female's anal fin would compliment him nicely. She has a nice body as well :)
SweetnSpicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #13 
1fish2fish

He's a 1st place fish so I knew he has something going on LOL. I'm so new at the breeding game that I still can't pick out the good from the bad when it comes to structure and fins.

I think the female is really nice. I wish I could get better pictures of her color. When she's not stressed its almost as dark as the male's. She's slightly more blue whereas he is more purple.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to try a spawn. I'm a little scared at the same time though.. I don't want anything to happen to the fish.

I have another question also.. what do you use to jar fry and where do you get them from?
Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I can't wqait for you to try a spawn. The babies will be beautiful.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #15 
SweetnSpicy

Haha, I didn't either until I started to get REALLY into breeding betta. Just print out a few good pictures of betta, like and practice writing the anatomy they have down.

I agree with dq! Your spawn will come out great!

I have a mom and grandmother who LOVE to can food, because they both have huge gardens, and I am going to use some of their extra jars. But, not the little 6 oz ones, the biggest ones the make are about a gallon I think. You can also make a "holding pen" out of plastic canvas, I made one, and it took about a week to make, but it looks pretty good. Should suffice I guess.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #16 
1fish2fish

Can you put a picture of that up? I can't picture what your saying with the plastic canvass thing.

Someone on another forum gave me a link to people that sell plastic tubs.. they seem pretty cheap to me but I have to see how big they are.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #17 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Bump: Would anyone else like to share their techniques?

Also.. here are some better pictures of the pair.

Male: (I've named him Sid Vicious)
Without flash:
(not a full flare.. he is definitely an HM and not a delta)

With Flash: (sorry bout the glare.. this was the best I could get)

I have more but I'll put them up in a picture thread in a few days so I don't clog this thread.

Now the girl (She's named Nancy (as in Sid and Nancy))
The pictures don't do her justice. She has very vibrant purples and reds that are washed out in all the pictures. With flash she looks blueish.

According to Zenandra I'm going to get a bunch of different colors.. including marbles?

"1fish2fish" i really would like for you to visit my post that i made i need premission from you read it then spread the word also tel my my answer i could really use your photos in my new website thank you!!!

here it is:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....869#post378869
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #18 
1fish2fish

Actually I'm planning to set up my own site this summer to help sell my fry so I'm going to use my pictures. Sorry! Good luck with your site :)
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #19 
SweetnSpicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Can you put a picture of that up? I can't picture what your saying with the plastic canvass thing.
I do not have a picture right now, but once I get one uploaded, I will show ya. It is the same material that you make the home made tank dividers out of, but set up in sections with either thread or aquarium sealant, which is what I used.