Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #1 
sharkettelaw1

some insight need on this..honestly just curious

Ive only ever seen this once, so i am not sure. When a male flares at a female from outside the jar, and she wiggles so to speak then jumps out, does it mean she is eager to breed? Last time i saw it happen, my melano male was still building his nest when the steel blue female whom had only just been placed in the jar, jumped out within 20 min and spawned within an hour. Any insights? Im gonna put her back in for the night and release in the morning
sharkettelaw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #2 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

I think you have a very eager female but that might be good or might be bad depending on the male. He might not be very happy if he thinks she's attacking him. Is it possible to keep he restrained (like put a craft mesh lid on whatever container you have her in?)
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I agree, probably an eager female which could be either good or bad, depending on the male. IMO, its not about male feeling threatened (they seem to understand their own language. LOL), but if male isn't ready, he will attack the female when she approaches the nest.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:30 AM   #4 
sharkettelaw1

Well when i went to check on them(i check only every couple of hours) she was perched at the surface right next to the cup. Literally. She was in the "S" form with him flaring at her. And i dont think he felt threatened though cause he approached her several times to get her under the nest (he's a young male, and i tend to get better results from the younger parents). So i put her her back in the jar but im thinking she's probably jumped out while ive been sleeping. Believe it or not but this female is the virgin ive been desperate to breed, and she had SBD awhile ago. It seems too good to be true
sharkettelaw1 is online now   Reply With Quote