Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #31 
vaygirl

He could color up beautifully. This is what Tango looked like the day I bought him. Today that's him in my avatar.

vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #32 
MozartOwner

I love how pretty Sparrow is, it's like an earthly fish.

Goodluck on the fish saving! It's very sweet and kindhearted of you to take them in.
MozartOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #33 
1fish2fish

Thats true. I forgot how "ugly' Fish was when I got him. He looked very similar to that. Once he's nice and healthy just let me know how much shipping would cost (or pick up if your in the GA/SC/FL area).
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #34 
lastbook87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Thats true. I forgot how "ugly' Fish was when I got him. He looked very similar to that. Once he's nice and healthy just let me know how much shipping would cost (or pick up if your in the GA/SC/FL area).
Will do! But if you decide you don't want him, I'm sure I can find a home for him somewhere else. I don't want to make you feel like you're locked into it or anything. :) And here's a few updated pictures... I had some ones of Dax that were more in focus, but you couldn't see how bad his fins were. The as-of-yet-unnamed CT is also doing better! He's not going to be winning any beauty pageants any time soon, but it's a big improvement over just lying on the bottom of the tank.

Also, Tango is absolutely gorgeous! I never would have guessed that those two pictures were of the same fish.

lastbook87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #35 
1fish2fish

I'm sure Dax will be gorgeous. The CT looks like he has good potential to be very pretty once he's healthy again.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #36 
Sella

In your first post you refered to the brown female as toast...which I think is a great name for her.

"Toast the fish"
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #37 
Betta Slave

Hahah, Toast is a great name!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #38 
vaygirl

I like toast too! Or Toastie! EVERYONE loves toast!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #39 
bettalover2033

i would like for your permission go to my post and give me permission yes or no to use you amazingly beautiful pictures in my new website please give an answer and spread the word to any members:) thanks
here is the post link:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....883#post378883

remeber spread the word!!!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #40 
lastbook87

Haha, Toast is cute! I've been wondering about the appropriateness of Sparrow considering how she eats, anyways. She goes for things much faster than my other fish, and takes these GIANT gulps just to nab one little bit of food. Still no updates to give on her color, but both Dax and Wash are still doing okay. Neither of them is eating, but they handled their water changes well today and are both getting a little more active, though Dax mostly chills on his plant up near the top of the water.

And I'm calling the CT Wash, obviously. Firstly because he's washed out, and secondly because Alan Tudyk is pale as crap. I know he'll get prettier with time, but the sister will rename him anyways, and it fits for right now.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make these two boys comfortable for the six-hour trip home? I still have the cups they came in, so I'm just going to transport them inside of those, and then put them (with my Fishie, Sparky, and Sparrow/Toast) in a styrofoam cooler that will ride in the front seat. I've also got Stress Coat to add to the water, but if anyone has any extra suggestions, I'd be grateful for them.
lastbook87 is offline   Reply With Quote