Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #1 
BettaOrin

Finally figured out how to take pictures of Orin...

they may not be the best, but they have improved GREATLY from my first attempts when I got him last month. These pictures go in reverse order... the most recent ones are at the top and the oldest ones are at the bottum.

Orin and you can see "Fluffy's" belly... im not sure what kind of fish he is... he's one that eats the algae and stuff, if anybody knows, I'd love it if they could tell me... I wanted to call him "poo-gobbler" but... fluffy is what happens when you let a 4 year old name a fish....

Poo-Gobbler (aka Fluffy)

Orin eating - I love this picture... because everytime I even walk into my bedroom, he comes swimming up to the top of his aquarium to say hi :)

Poo-Gobbler

Uh oh... I think he heard what I've been calling him... fishy evil eyes... lol

Orin chillin at the top of his tank

FEED ME!!!!!

I do tricks for foooooood!

This was the night I introduced Poo-Gobbler to the tank.... Orin says "Hey you... new guy... I STALKIN YOOOOOUUUU!!!!"

Poo-Gobbler says he doesn't care, just make sure you poop alot...

Orin being mad at me for making him share his tank... he went and pouted...
BettaOrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:16 AM   #2 
Starbright

Aww how cute! :) Poo-gobbler is an adorable name! Just make sure to feed him his food! He can't live off of poo... even if he does eat poo (I'm not positive they do ._.). He's very pretty! I almost got one like him but my mom prevented me..
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:19 AM   #3 
BettaOrin

Thanks, I have some algae tablets that the man at the pet store told me to put in there twice a week... so i've been doing that :)
Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #4 
Kittles

That is an albino Corydoras you have there. I have several in my 10 gallon and they're wonderful little guys. I love them. Keep in mind, however, that they are schooling fish and like to be kept in the company of their own kind. I'm not sure how well off one will be and if you could add one more it'd probably be for the better. Problem is, I don't know what size tank you have and if that would be pushing your load. They're also pretty sensitive to water parameters, but as long as you're consistent with water changes I think they should be fine.

Anyway, enough of the catfish talk. Your betta is very nice looking. He almost looks a hazy purple. Very interesting. Your tank is very colorful, also.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #5 
BettaOrin

Thank you Kittles! All i could remember was albino something... anyways, my tank is 3 gallons... the guy at the pet store told me i only had room for one with Orin in there as well...

Orin is a dark blue/black color with two red long fins in the front.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #6 
Neelie

very nice lil fish! :)

your cory will need a companion. they do not do well alone at all. but your tank is too small.. you'll need to upgrate to a 5g or so. then you can have your betta male and 2 cory. thats the better solution.
also, cory's do not eat poo nor algae. they are carnivores and eat the same food betta eat just it will have to sink to the ground for them as they are ground feeders.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #7 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Yup. Your albino cory eats food that makes it to the bottom of the tank. Because you have a betta that probably eats all of his own food, you're not going to have anything sinking to the bottom for your cory. And algae wafers are for plecos and algae eaters which a cory is not. Sometimes these pet store owners don't really know what they're talking about. Especially since he sold you a single cory which should be kept in shoals of 5 at least. Sigh........

Hikari makes a good cory food - Hikari Tropical Sinking Wafers for your little bottom feeder. I'd get him some of those and bring back the algae wafers.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #8 
Neelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I'd get him some of those and bring back the algae wafers.
and get him a companion too

also, with 3 fish in suchs a small tank you'll have to be on your toes with water changes. id say 2x 100% a week or at least 1x 50% and 1x 100% and dont forget the conditioner your fish will be living the life then! la vida loca so to speak

Last edited by Neelie; 05-05-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote