Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #21 
aquagreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Green is part of the turquoise color, so the fish isn't actually green, just can look it in different lighting situations.

There are three different blue colors; Steel blue, Turquoise (primarily in the trade which makes the light blue/green color) and Royal blue (purple-ish). I guess breeding Steel blue and Purple makes Turquoise from what I've been told but it's not so easy breeding out Turquoise or any of the irids actually (blue layer).

But yes, I've seen yellow Pineapple betta's being called MG and clearly Pineapple is it's own coloration lol. That is more where I get annoyed because it's complete mislabelining. Fine if the fish at least has a blue body and some yellow, whatever, but a completely different color and still calling it MG?? some people are just too darn lazy haha, j/k
Interesting. Maybe one day I'll lose my mind and decide to breed.

Hehehe, yes, Pineapple is definitely its own coloring. I saw a couple in the store who I thought might be Pineapples, but it's so hard to tell when they're stressed...for all I know they're actually Cellophane or Chocolate!
aquagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well Pineapple is easy, even if they are stressed you will see the black outlining on their scales. Cellophanes should be white and colorless so if they have black on them, then they aren't true Cellophanes; could be mixes though. And then Chocolates should have a brown body (can look a bit like Pineapples when stressed though) and orange fins.

Pineapples can be either red or yellow though or even any other color as long as they have the black outlining on their scales. ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #23 
aquagreen

Quote:
Well Pineapple is easy, even if they are stressed you will see the black outlining on their scales. Cellophanes should be white and colorless so if they have black on them, then they aren't true Cellophanes; could be mixes though. And then Chocolates should have a brown body (can look a bit like Pineapples when stressed though) and orange fins.

Pineapples can be either red or yellow though or even any other color as long as they have the black outlining on their scales. ^_^
*Grabs my head to keep it from spinning.* Good to know though, should I ever be in the market for one of those varieties. :)
Old 07-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol! Sorry XD
Old 07-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #25 
aquagreen

Quote:
Lol! Sorry XD
No, its okay. :) All knowledge is good. The more I know about bettas, the better I can do for them.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #26 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I agree one hundred and fifty percent on that!