Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #1 
TheJadeBetta

Angry Argh! Wal-Mart!

I go to the fish section of Wal-Mart. I knew the fish were in awful shape, but what I saw was just...just...upsetting and infuriating. I looked at the tanks and they had dead fish in almost all of them. I go over to the bettas and all of them had dirty water, but one had clean water. But what caught my eye was a pretty VT. His bowl had not one, but two cracks in it, so it was leaking and he had an inch or less of water. No one was around. I showed my mom and she reaches in the cabinet and pulled out one of the small containers. I put him in it so he wouldn't loose any water until I got him home just now. So I have a rescue betta. Poor guy. He is scared of mirrors and runs into the side of the tank, so I had to put my wall mirror away. Probably cause Death-Mart has mirror behind there Bettas.

P.S. I also saw a girl with pigtails come up and she started banging on the aquarium to the Kois.
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #2 
lastbook87

I find it funny that you posted this, because... I just did the same thing. And thank goodness you were there to save him! Will we get some pictures?
lastbook87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Poor things. :( I'm glad both of you rescued some fish! Can't wait to see pictures!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

Good for you. Now the next step is to report the store. Call 1-800-Wal-Mart and tell them the number of the store you went to (you can look this up on walmart.com) and tell them the care they are giving their fish is unacceptable.

If you are uncomfortable doing that then ask your mom. Nothing will get better unless people report the stores. If they don't know whats going on they don't know it needs to be fixed.

I hope your new fish gets nice and healthy. You did a good job bringing him home.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #5 
Zenandra
Banned

Great job on the rescues!! I can't wait to see pictures!! I think we need a section on this forum just for betta advocacy and rescue stories and such!!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #6 
TheJadeBetta

Okay, I can try.

I agree, Zenandra.

Here are some pics. His bowl that he came in and him, he is in a temporary fix right now.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #7 
Zenandra
Banned

Awww he's gorgeous!! Great job
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadeBetta View Post
Okay, I can try.

I agree, Zenandra.

Here are some pics. His bowl that he came in and him, he is in a temporary fix right now.
wow amazing he really resembles my betta Leo he is just that way too he looks beautiful:) lucky find:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #9 
TheJadeBetta

He is even more beautiful in person. He has that rip in his fin you can see, two holes in his tail, and he is very shy. I will try to keep ya'll updated on him.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #10 
sunset

He is gorgeous! Good thing you rescued him! My walmart has stopped selling fish, I guess they got tired of replacing so manu fish and of listening to my MANY complaints about the conditions they kept the fish in. Keep us updated on how he does!
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote