Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #21 
Betta Slave

My pet store betta cups are like 3 inches by 3 inches. The employees don't listen to me about how small they are!

Yeah, it took hours and hours of convincing my parents to breed my bettas lol. We have a ton of space, but they don't like the idea of more fish lol
I'd probably keep all the fry too ^-^
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #22 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
My pet store betta cups are like 3 inches by 3 inches. The employees don't listen to me about how small they are!

Yeah, it took hours and hours of convincing my parents to breed my bettas lol. We have a ton of space, but they don't like the idea of more fish lol
I'd probably keep all the fry too ^-^
Oh I see....

Also I'm extreamly confused and half ticked at myself...that tank...it looked a lot bigger then it actually is...D= I thought it was at least 10 gallons, it's a lot less then that...still good for a betta and better then a little cup or a vase but it's only a few gallons...D= I was fooled...it looks a lot bigger then it actually is...
That makes me sad... .-.

But even so...I still think he'll be happy in that tank anyway...there will be enough room (I hope) for him... .-.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #23 
Betta Slave

I keep my boys in 2.5 gallons and they love it. I've tried them on five gallons but they seem to be scared of all the room... I find they're happier in 2.5's Don't worry about it!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #24 
Jupiter

Welcome to the forum! Where did you get the tank from?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #25 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Welcome to the forum! Where did you get the tank from?
I didn't get it yet...I'm most likely getting it tommorow morning...

It's a 2.5 gallon or close to that may be bigger actually, it's purple and comes with a filter and plants also with other things like gravel but I'm removing the gravel and placing glass pebbles.

Also I got it from my local pet shop (one of the only ones we have...I think we only have two real pet shops here) it's called Pet plus 3, and we do have another pet shop called birds eye view, but I'm getting the tank from pet+3. Not to sure if the betta will come from there...I have no idea if birds eye view has betta's...I think their more for exotic breeds of fish, like puffer fish and other things like that. So it will most likely come from the same pet shop as the tank.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #26 
Jupiter

Is it like this?

Old 05-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #27 
Terranariko

Quote:
Is it like this?

odd...I can't see the picture...but this is a picture of it....it's a lot bigger then it looks...I kinda resized it to fit...so it may be kinda misformed.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #28 
Jupiter

Oh, I know those. Marina 'goldfish' starters. They come in 2.65 and something that's a little bigger than 3 gallons, if I'm not mistaken. I think those are great! I've been wanting to buy one for a betta, but they're so expensive...
Old 05-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #29 
Terranariko

Quote:
Oh, I know those. Marina 'goldfish' starters. They come in 2.65 and something that's a little bigger than 3 gallons, if I'm not mistaken. I think those are great! I've been wanting to buy one for a betta, but they're so expensive...
well compaired to the other tanks...that one was the most resonable...it's big enough, and it cost with the tax 45.19$

lucky for me we went to another store first and I was able to get betta food and betta tank chemical for it...because at the petstore its around 5 dollars for food and maybe 10 dollars for chemicals...but at the store I only had to pay 2.##$ for the food and chemicals...even though there pretty much the same thing at the petshop...which ever.

Other then that I need to get a heater later on...durning the summer and spring will be fine it gets warm enough here that the water should be warm enough but durning fall and winter.....not so much...so if I get a heater it has to be around late summer. besides that...everything else is pretty much ok. the filter isn't super strong and I don't see it annoying the fish since it's quiet, and it doesn't disturb the water all that much, a bubblenest wouldn't be destroyed I think.

I also got a way to do water changes with out breaking his nest if he makes one (as long as it doesn't cover the whole tank...XD). unfoturnately I'll have to when I do 100% cleans...

Also I hardly call that tank a "goldfish" tank...goldfish need other goldfish and they need a lot more room then that.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #30 
Jupiter

What do you mean by chemical? Is it water conditioner?

And where do you live? I'd get a heater ASAP, they are a must for bettas. You can get a Tetra one at Walmart for $11. It'll work pretty well in your tank if it's 2.65 gallons. The weather has been pretty nice here lately, but you never know!

If you have a filter, you can just cycle your tank. It'll make cleaning a lot easier for you!