Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #1 
LolaQuigs

Sooooo Frustrated!!!!

Yesterday everything was going so well! I tested my water and found 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and about 15 nitrates. My cycle was complete! Everything was going according to plan. And then I started having ammonia problems, which I posted about in a different thread. Ugh.

But now that is taking a backseat to my new, huge problem. This morning I found that my newly cycled, 1 month old 5 gallon tank is LEAKING! I have no idea what to do, I'm freaking out. I took out about 50% of the water just to make it light enough to carry to the laundry room basin where it can leak in peace without making a huge mess. I know I need to act quickly, because the substrate and everything needs to remain wet or else all of cycle bacteria will die and I'll have to start over. But I don't know what to do! Do I have to buy a new tank? I am seriously panicking!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #2 
darkangel216

You should probably get a new tank asap and swap everything into it so you can salvage the bacteria on the decorations and substrate. I don't know if there's a way you can fix the tank, I guess it depends on where it's leaking.
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #3 
LolaQuigs

Ok that's what I thought. I can't tell where it's leaking, there's just water seeping out of the bottom somewhere. It's probably safest to not chance it and go get a new tank. Ugh, what a pain this has been!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote