Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #1 
akjadestar

My tank... wondering if it looks good

It's an acrylic 3 gallon...
Back when I took the pictures I had the water level lowered because Venus had been injured. But now it's at nearly full height again.

As you can imagine he loves how well he blends in with the plants and gravel, it's hectic for me when I think I can't find him because we have cats!

Last edited by akjadestar; 04-24-2010 at 12:54 AM.
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #2 
TeenyTinyTofu

I think it looks great, especially picturing how it looks filled up now. I've seen those tanks before and they're pretty cool, that's the one with the different changing lights in it?
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Looks nice :)
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Very nice tank!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #5 
akjadestar

Thankyou!
I was actually wondering , if anyone knows some nice stuff I could add in to make Venus feel more at home...
I don't have a filter... well there's the undergravel one but those hardly do a good job . There's also his air pump and bubble wand , but that makes a current that's too strong on him .
So I'm wondering what kinda filter I could get that would work in the round tank , and that doesn't make a big current . And also I wanna add some live plants , but I'm not sure what kind I could put in my tank , because his tank is kinda small and other than a teeny bit of Sun and the rainbow LED light there's not really any light in his tank . I don't really want bamboo, that looks too Zen and I don't really want a Zen themed tank.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #6 
vaygirl

I like the colors! I think it looks great.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #7 
Oldfishlady

Nice job! I love the look and would love to see a pic with it full of water.....I have never seen a tank like that around my area and I think it looks pretty neatO...lol...I would get one myself if I seen one......would make a nice natural planted tank IMO.....

Java fern tied to a decoration or a small driftwood would be a nice plant for low light and the green leaves would look good with the red gravel IMO and maybe naja grass sometimes called guppy grass tolerates low light and can be planted or float, what would look nice too would be either vals or sags due to being tall slender grass like plants.

On a 3g regardless of filtration use or not IMO/E they need at least 50% twice weekly water changes, and if you get live plants they will help with water quality by using the ammonia from the fish waste for food if actively growing and the natural sun light can also help with the plant growth, what are the watts on your lights? and they change colors too? Can you remove the center filter piece or is it built in? an UGF right?

I don't use filters or airstones in a lot of my tanks especially in my smaller tanks that I have planted, I keep the natural planted tanks so the plants are my filters so-to-speak...lol......

Really like the look you got going...look forward to seeing more pics.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #8 
akjadestar

You can remove the riser tube but that leaves a hole in the undergravel filter and I know I don't want my fish to go down there...
And the light is rainbow and there's a dial that you use to change the colors . I'm not sure about the wattage... but it's only barely enough to light up my room a bit at night time... and it's a long lasting environmentally friendly one, so I'm guessing it's not that much...

Hey would I be able to add a bit of moss in the tank?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #9 
a123andpoof

Your tank looks nice. I have that tank. I don't have a filter for it though. And the light doesn't look very good if the air pump isn't on. Have you had any trouble with the air pump? I had it plugged in, but within a couple hours of the fish being in their the water was covered in bubbles.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #10 
akjadestar

Yeah it makes the surface totally full of bubbles, and the current was too strong so I just never have it on