Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #1 
fishmadcraig

My Betta's, goldfish and frogs!

Hey guys.

Thought i would post some pictures of my fish and frogs!

My betta's share a filtered and heated 10gallon, each with marimo's and they have a small decoration each. I will be trimming my nano tank soon so i will fill each of their tanks up with java moss and fern so that they can snack on it when they get peckish! They get their water changed @ 25% per week.

Here's one of my Betta boys, hes the first one i got in December.

And here's my other boy :) He builds the most amazing bubble nests. Next time he makes a big one i will grab a photo. He made me on 15cm squared last time but i had to destroy when cleaning his tank :(

Here he is guarding a work in progress :)

Here's their tank

Now my goldfish. They are in a 60 gallon long tank. I have 3 commons, and 3 fancys :) I have an external filter and do 25% weekly water changes.

This is my big common, Charlie. We found him in my garden with lots of missing scales and he wasnt looking too good! i nursed him back to health in 2 weeks with melafix and other treatments. Now, 6 years later hes the healthiest fish i know!!! i assume a bird must have picked him up and dropped him from a pond!

Next up is the frogs. They are african CLAWED frogs. Not dwarf hence why we dont have any fish in with them. They are 8 at the moment and looking very healthy for their age! although one has a small case of bloat but hes had that since he was just a baby and seems to be coping with it just fine. He loves his food just as much as the others!, if not more! maybe thats why.

They are in a 40 gallon tank, with an internal filter. I change 50% of their water weekly. Although i dont really disagree with people housing ADF's with betta's, i always think frogs should have a minimum of 10gallons purely because they are so active! mine use all 40 of theirs and just love springing around with their little legs fully stretched out :)

Ohh, and all the posters on the wall in one of the pictures, Im a bit of a mini fanatic which is a car over here in the UK!

Thats it then! thanks for looking! :)
Craig.

Last edited by fishmadcraig; 05-06-2010 at 03:46 PM.
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #2 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Those are awesome animals!!!!
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #3 
Alexanderismylife

Beautiful bettas :] I love the green one with his bubble nest! Charlie is a goldfish cutie too!! :]
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #4 
beta novice

very nice
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #5 
weluvbettas

they are all soo pretty! and im glad there is someone from the uk on this site!
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote