Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #1 
Terranariko

Has your betta fish ever...bitten you?

I was trying to feed berry since he hasn't eatten since I've gotten him...so I thought maybe if I made the food move, so I put a pellet on my finger (actually half a pellet) and wiggled it so he would think the food was moving...he accidently bit my finger instead...not blaiming him, I know it was a accident (and my fault)...but...I didn't expect teeth that sharp...it didn't hurt thought...I don't even think he got through the skin.

more funny then painful...cause after he bit me the first time he was litteraly trying to bite my finger again...like trying to eat it...

finger licking good?...I have no idea...I'm still laughing but I hope he doesn't think my finger is food now... ._. he seems hungry though...but he doesn't seem to like pellets which is weird cause thats what the petshop fed him...maybe he is still just ajusting...some people said it took a week or more to get their betta's to eat...so I guess I'll just have to keep trying...

it was still funny though...XD
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #2 
Greynova27

Hehe that's silly. One of my females will play with me... I will wiggle my finger above the tank and she'll jump up trying to nip at me.
Greynova27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #3 
beta novice

lol i saw a video of a beta doing the exactly same thing
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #4 
kuklachica

6 my of 9 guys will bite it off my fingers. One of my guys REALLY bites pretty hard! He also jumps at least 3 inches at feeding time, 3 times ending up in the section next to his, swimming with his neighbor. I've had to put plastic mesh over his section and feed him through the holes. I feel bad about it; i feel like I'm feeding him through jail bars, but he jumps over the divider every single time there's not mesh! argh!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #5 
beta novice

its re donkulous
Old 05-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #6 
ninjafish

Haha, My females will nip at my fingers if I put them in the tank..They've got quite strong jaws for such little creatures. It doesn't hurt, though.
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #7 
Jupiter

My girls are all piggies and they'll nip at my fingers if I put them in the tank. It's really cute.

Gloria BITES though! It's actually pretty painful, especially since i wasn't expecting it the first time. She's the only one who'll attack my hand if I put it in, the other girls run away. She probably thinks she needs to defend her territory against a huge, weird, flesh-coloured betta. 8)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #8 
beta novice

lol
Old 05-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #9 
mysquishy

Nope but Terence has started jumping to get his food and almost got my finger. Scared the crap out of me and my hubby gave me a strange look because I jumped back.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #10 
doggyhog

ALL.THE.TIME!!!!!

Jumping, biting, you name it!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote