Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #11 
Firefly

I was at my local fish shop the other day and i wanted to punch the guy that was getting my betta cause i asked him not to put him in a small bag when i brought him home, and then he points to the poor bettas in cup of like half a inch water and says look there! they can stay like that for 3 months. i was so angry!!!! my betta was in one of those little cups to until they moved him to a bigger tank to recover, he was the prettiest:D. My other lfs keeps their bettas in cups to although in a bit more water and clean the water regularly. and sometimes they will have a betta all alone in a 20 gallon like the other day:) and it was such a pretty dark crowntail:D i wanted him even tho i just got myn:D heh
Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #12 
bloo97

Quote:
him not to put him in a small bag when i brought him home, and then he points to the poor bettas in cup of like half a inch water and says look there!
If only there was a report button on them!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #13 
Zenandra
Banned

I worked at a walmart in the fish section about 3 summers ago (I'll never go back) I almost got fired because everyday I changed the water in the betta cups, conditioned it and added a pinch of Aq salt (I probably had the healthiest walmart bettas ever, haha) They said that it was a waste of time taking care of them like that, because they didn't care if they died. Did you know walmart gets money for all their dead fish? Every day they have to Tally how many die and what kind and then at the end of the week they send the list in to somewhere and get money back for all of the fish that died. They DON'T CARE if the fish die, they're not losing any money!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #14 
xxabc

Zenandra...I didn't know that ... that's digusting! No WONDER they're all dead.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #15 
vaygirl

Yikes, that's awful. I'm awfully glad my Walmart only carries pet supplies and not actual fish.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #16 
Jennyinurmouth

okay this makes it perfectly okay to do as my dream suggested and bust out of wallydeathworld with a buggyofbettas, and accumulate a place to "rescue them" shoplifting might be a crime, but animal cruelty is worse >.<
Old 05-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #17 
Jayy

wal-mart people are heartless fish are just like any other animal
Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #18 
lilyrazen

This is the upside of them being territorial! If they weren't, they'd be put in tiny tanks all on top of each-other, too.
My Petco keeps them in really clean cups, changed water once a week. I've never seen one dead in their store, and I found two of my three boys there, one at another Petco near by.
I also stand around in there and help people with Bettas. I tell them bigger is better and basic little things about them.
I really hope more stores open like mine.

I have found one with really bad fungus at Walmart.
It was beautiful, but he looked like he would die soon.
I told the guy, but he didn't care.
I think we should start a petition online, or something similar.
Down with walmart fish!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #19 
Zenandra
Banned

I agree walmarts shouldn't have fish! They don't care about them and they never even try to hire people with fish knowledge.

My deparment manager when I worked at walmart told one woman that she didn't need to cycle her tank because she didn't have well water...???

And she told another couple not to get a female betta because they were such ugly fish!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #20 
Nikita

Quote:
I think we should start a petition online, or something similar.
Down with walmart fish!
that sounds really good, i was thinking of taking the care guide from here and printing off a bunch of copies, taking them to the pet stores around here and replacing their care guides with ours. think it would work or do you think i would get the cops called on me?
Closed Thread