Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #1 
Tony2632

Need help finding the right plant

I'm looking for a plant that can grow tall and creep over my java moss like a vine. I'm looking at the cardamine lyrata plant, but not sure if will creep over like I want. Does any thing exist like I describe. I'm still searching, maybe I'll find something different.
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #2 
Tony2632

I'm getting some brazilian pennywort guys. I need low light plant, because my jungle vals completely took over the left side of the tank. Gonna use some plant anchors and drop them behide my hardscape/java moss. Then I'm thinking about anchoring the top or mid part of the plant and laying it down on the java moss to give it that vine look. I'll make sure you can't see the anchor, because my moss is super thick. I'll post pictures on a later date.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #3 
sheridan

That will look great! Good luck
sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #4 
Tony2632

I got my pennywort today from my LFS. They ordered the plant for me and I don't mind helping them out, since I been going there as a kid. But any way the plant was kind of unhealthy, but I don't really mind since I can just nurse it back to health anyway. Used some java moss to cover up the plant anchors. I really love this plant so far it even has this minty smell to it. Go to find out you can actually eat this plant. I got some pictures, it's not much yet. I really hope this turns out well.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #5 
sheridan

Looks good. I'm considering getting some of this, it looks so nice :) and I didn't know you can eat it, that's very interesting
sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #6 
Tony2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridan View Post
Looks good. I'm considering getting some of this, it looks so nice :) and I didn't know you can eat it, that's very interesting
Thanks sheridan, I droped my lighting a little more closer to the water surface and slightly increase CO2. After just a day the plant is giving me new growth all ready. I also increase ferts slightly also, everything is taking off super fast. This plant is extremely easy so far. I'm liking the light green color on the dark green java moss, it makes it pop. Right now i hope it fills in more, but I'm sure it will.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #7 
Islandgaliam

That looks awesome! Good choice :)
Islandgaliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #8 
Tony2632

I just need some color in this tank. Everything is freaking green lol. Reason I ordered some red plants. My cryptocoryne undulata wound give me color, but it's in the melting stage right now.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #9 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Gorgeous!

Do you have Crypt wendtii red? I've not had a problem with it melting and it is quite lovely.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #10 
Tony2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
Gorgeous!

Do you have Crypt wendtii red? I've not had a problem with it melting and it is quite lovely.
Hmmm I thought the wendtii red grew to tall? Only crypts I have so far is undulata. I some crypts petchii and ludwigia*sp. red being sent in the mail.