Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #11 
brancasterr

I meant to say I added the ADF's and Cories. The cories were on sale and I couldn't resist, so I went off of 1fish2fish's advice and bought them.

As long as my parameters stay good, my fish and ADF's should be fine right? Will the pH be affected in any way? If it does fluctuate what should I do?
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #12 
Kittles

LOL. Well that changes everything.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how that will effect your tank, so I'll bench myself for the time being. How many did you end up buying, exactly?
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #13 
brancasterr

Haha, man oh man I hope I didn't just ruin my community.

I bought 2 ADF's and 3 cories.

5 neons already in the tank.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #14 
Mister Sparkle

Your pH will be fine. You haven't done anything to mess with THAT, right? It's just the natural "local" pH you're dealing with?

25% water changes, DAILY! You'll be fine. Water changes can help pretty much EVERYTHING! 8)
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #15 
brancasterr

No, no I didn't mess with the pH. I know all to well not to put anything into the tank that doesn't need to be in there. My pH is optimal as of right now actually. :)

I'll do the water changes daily and see how this goes. :P Should I vacuum the gravel and what not?

Also, I have an unrelated question. I'm going away for a day. Leaving tomorrow night and coming back Monday night. I don't think I can find anyone to feed or turn the lights on/off for my fish.

Will they be okay with the hood light turned off for a day?
Old 05-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #16 
Mister Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancasterr View Post
No, no I didn't mess with the pH. I know all to well not to put anything into the tank that doesn't need to be in there. My pH is optimal as of right now actually. :)

I'll do the water changes daily and see how this goes. :P Should I vacuum the gravel and what not?

Also, I have an unrelated question. I'm going away for a day. Leaving tomorrow night and coming back Monday night. I don't think I can find anyone to feed or turn the lights on/off for my fish.

Will they be okay with the hood light turned off for a day?
Yes...vacuum the gravel. You'll be surprised what'll build up there in even a short amount of time.

Lights on/lights off...your plants will care more than your fish will!
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #17 
xxabc

Well just simply (haha, "simply") check your water params. If you see ammonia, you know what you did and what to do. But I'd do water changes to be safe .

After months, I finally got myself another testing kit. Yay! Ammonia in the tap water! Ugh. At least I'll be safer with cycling when I get another tank.

I wouldn't buy more fish until after a week the ammonia/nitrite levels stay at 0. Just to be safe.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote