Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #1 
BettaBob

Sad day :(

I woke up this morning and CR was dead. I guess he just died from the stress of the current from my filter, although i cant help thinking it was something else. He was so happy just over a day ago blowing a bubble nest and looking healthy is what i dont understand. When i found him his skin looked like it had decayed and his eyes were the same way. I dunno if that was just from being dead for a while or what. But im real sad, he was a funny little guy. I am a little discouraged to go and get another one now though i must say.

RIP
Attached Images

BettaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #2 
Zenandra
Banned

Im so sorry for your loss! Sometimes things happen that we can't control! Don't let this discourage you from giving another betta a new home!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #3 
Kittles

I'm so sorry! Must be terrible not knowing how, or why, but some things are just out of our control. Are you able to test his water and see if the parameters may have been off? If you don't have a kit, you should take it to a pet store just to see if we can narrow the cause down. Wouldn't want it to happen to your future fish if it's something easily preventable.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #4 
BettaBob

yeah I think i may have it checked out. The tank was divided, the other betta in the tank is perfectly heatlthy at this point. The filter was on the side of the one that died so thats why he got beat up more. I did a 50 percent water change last night before CR died then when i found him this morning i did about another 75 percent change so its pretty much all new water is the only thing about getting it tested, not sure if it would show anything now. I think i am going to take the divider out and just let Shane have the whole thing for a while
BettaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #5 
Kittles

I see. Again, I'm so sorry :< Can I ask what CR stood for, if anything?
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #6 
Starbright

I'm sorry about CR. I just can't see how a filter could have killed your betta (unless it was crazily strong or something) ;_;

I know it hurts, but don't let this prevent you from making a new betta very very happy :) Sorry again for your loss :[
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about CR!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote