Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #1 
Betta4lyfe

Exclamation Emergency

I need Help Its an Emergency i woke up one morning and my betta seemed to have a chunk missing from in between where his gill and stomache are sopposed to be he wont eat and he had fungus on him wich went away i hate to do this but right now i have him in about a 1 gallon or less container with the tank water and a light over him i added some rocks and a leaf from a plant and im really scared he runs when i put the mirror in there and imm sooo stressed i know this is a horrbile thing to say but i wish he would just die along with my THREE tetra that are left! im soo stressed right now please please help!! by the way he hasent eaten in about a week O=
Betta4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #2 
Sella

There are a few things here if you can clarify!
Are you housing the tetras and the betta together? I've heard tetras can be a little nippy.
Did you put in a leaf from an aquatic plant?
Is there anything in his orginal tank that he could have gotten caught on? Sharp plastic plants, rocks etc..whatever..
Don't put the mirror in anymore until we figure this out. He's already stressed and doesn't need the extra stress from a mirror.

I'd probably do a water change with treated water, keep him warm and alone, some might say add aq salt but I don't do this so someone else can advise..
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #3 
Betta4lyfe

thanks i dont think it's the tetra the tetra seem to know he doesent like to be bothered and i think he was stressing them out! lol but anyways thank goodness hes still alive his colour is staying and he seems to have made a little bubble nest in the little container but im still worried beacause he isent eating!! to be honest he was a little bloated so i tried fasting him but then one day after fasting him for 4 days i went to check up on him and i saw a tetra hanging out of his mouth!! to be honest it's like his stomache Exploded i really hope that isnt the case im now daily changin the water in the container. and it was a leaf from a live plant i put in there and yes it's aquatic. and for the sharp plants and rocks nodda Nothhing at all i made sure of that but he seems to of liked sticking to the filter wich i got really worried about. but then when i got him to eventually stop for a couple of days he would sit by the heater for hours on end and he seems to be losing colour on his scales his fins are still bright though

Last edited by Betta4lyfe; 05-11-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: forgot some information
Old 05-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #4 
Betta4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta4lyfe View Post
I need Help Its an Emergency i woke up one morning and my betta seemed to have a chunk missing from in between where his gill and stomache are sopposed to be he wont eat and he had fungus on him wich went away i hate to do this but right now i have him in about a 1 gallon or less container with the tank water and a light over him i added some rocks and a leaf from a plant and im really scared he runs when i put the mirror in there and imm sooo stressed i know this is a horrbile thing to say but i wish he would just die along with my THREE tetra that are left! im soo stressed right now please please help!! by the way he hasent eaten in about a week O=
and when i say i wish they would just die i mean because i dont want to see them suffer =S
Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #5 
Mitsufishi

Do u have a picture? I realllly wanna see this
Mitsufishi is offline   Reply With Quote