Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #1 
Jrf456

My sorority name ideas.. Comment please (VOTE)? :D

So in March-April I'll be setting up a 10g sorority with 5-6 females and 2 ADF's.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! You have no idea how excited I am! I just love how bettas have such personalities, unlike any other fish imo, I think it will be amazing to keep them together.

YOU SHOULD READ THIS FIRST SO YOU'RE NOT LIKE " UH WTH "
So.. As you can tell from my signature I love Christmas and often name my fish Christmas names. Brent like a Christmas movie character, Douglas like Douglas fir Christmas trees, Poinsettia like the Christmas flower, Garland like.. Holiday Garland.. So most if not all will be Christmas names.

So.. The names. I won't be assigning names until I get the girls settled in and get attached to one (in the case we have a death) so they'll be nameless for at least a week so I can monitor them. The names I have already decided on, regardless of the fish (crazy right? I've had these names set I would use for a sorority lolol)

SO: I HAVE NAMES. PLEASE SAY THE 5 YOU LIKE THE MOST (I already have Poinsettia who will be going in)

1. Carol (Christmas carol)
2. Mintie
3. Tinsel
4. Mistletoe
5. Hollyberry
6. Holiday
7. Winter

Some other non Christmas ideas I like (although I thought it would be cute to have an all Christmas name sorority)

1. Marilyn
2. Diana
3. Tara
4. Scarlet

Also.. If you have any other Christmas name ideas I'd be thrilled. Thanks! (:
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #2 
kfryman

I like Tara and Scarlet for red or orange or Cambodian.

Personally I don't think the ADFs will work because the girls may snatch their food before they can get to it. Also I have heard you need to QT them for like 3 months because of this one disease they can have.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #3 
Jrf456

Thanks.

Any more? :D
Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #4 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I love the Christmas theme, so I think the first 7 names. LOL
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #5 
Gizmothefreaky

Please do not put the ADFs in with your females, not only would you be over stocking your tank, but girls will eat all of the frogs for before they can get to it.

Otherwise, i like the Christmas name ideas, so cute.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #6 
Kitty Whiskers

I like Tinsel and Hollyberry :) I too have named some of my new pets after "Christmas". I have 2 albino Cory Catfish named Rudolf and Clarice, and an Apple Snail named Herbie. Of course those names came from the show, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer LOL I also like "Crystal", or "Noel" for a few extra ideas.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #7 
Jrf456

Thank you, Kitty. :D Those are cute names. I can't wait to get them set up(:
Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #8 
Gizmothefreaky

Apparently i am being ignored... Alright then. Kill your frogs. Have fun.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #9 
Jrf456

Kay well you don't know everything & I've gotten opinions from many other members. (:
Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #10 
Gizmothefreaky

i clearly know a lot more than you do... Have you ever had a sorority? Have you ever had ADFs? Well i have both, and i know what their eating habits are. You are bound to have the frogs starve to death, or the girls become bloated from eating the frog's food. Either way you will be in trouble. Short of catching the frogs every day and feeding them in a separate container, you will have little to no luck keeping all parties healthy.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=84033 Please, do us both a favor and read this thread on proper care of ADFs. I am begging you, for the health of your animals.

Also, if you plan on getting your frogs from a chain store that sells ANY other type of aquatic frog, the three month quarantine is pretty much mandatory.