Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #1 
Heat

Unhappy Fishy problem, is this normal?

First off, my betta is very shy and will either flare up or swim away when I touch his tank. Errm.. its probably normal but my other bettas never did that... Is it because he was stressed out before I bought him? And even if thats not the reason, how am I sopposed reduce fish stress?

Second of all, his head was always a little bit gray but whenever he faces the walls of the tank, you can see a litte whitish spot. My dad says that whenever fish fight, they turn white. Is my fish smart? But on the other hand, the blue and red of his fins are looking brighter than ever, he always eats his food (i feed him 2-4 pellets a day)

UPDATE: My fish came from Petsmart yesterday, and I heard that they have no filter there. I think he may have gotten Shimmy or something from the water. He'll be fine, but I need some help curing him naturally without fish conditioner. (i have fish conditioner but im not allowed to use it)

Last edited by Heat; 05-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #2 
Heat

Also, the treatment for Ich and Shimmy are the same. I'm making a water change right now with water that has been sitting there for a day.

Poseidon's fins are starting to unfurl. See my avatar? Now his fins look twice as big as they are on my avatar.

Last edited by Heat; 05-10-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote