Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #21 
Mister Sparkle

Some of the guys at my LFS are incredibly knowledgeable and experienced. It all depends on how much the owner cares about having good help!
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #22 
colovergirl

I argree with Mister Sparkle about its up to the owner about hirering good help, but the petsmarts and petcos here in colorado don't seem to know what their talking about when it comes to curtine animals and their care. I mean like i said in my first post I listened to their advice bout everything they said that I needed and if I kept the filter cleaned and it clorinated really good then the fish should be fine. I did all that and my sons fish died although the female in the same tank didn't. so now I'm changing that water ever three days and only feeding twice a day as directed on the food bottle and playing with them with a mirror (my son loves to do this and see how they react) at night for their exercie untill I can get them into a bigger tank. They seem happy and both my male and female made bubblenest yesterday while I was at work.
colovergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #23 
WillowTree

You sound like a very responsible teen who loves animals and that you do your best to educate your customers (and fellow co-workers). I think it is great that your store goes out of its way to try and help the animals you sell.

Very nice aquarium set up too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardGas View Post
Yeah, definitely go with then ten. I have my guy with 2 otos (their buddy died) ): and a bunch of ramshorns in a 10 and he's the happiest guy I've ever seen! He explores EVERY inch of his tank and loves hiding in the plants.
And just for the record, I do work at a pet store (a large chain type) and we do everything for our animals. We get in trouble all the time for doing stuff we're not supposed to be doing (for the good of the animals, like setting up filtered/heated tanks in the back for the bettas with fin rot which we're not allowed to do, but we do anyway). We all do our research as much as possible for each type of fish and are actually tested on our knowledge from time to time. Unfortunately it's such a rare thing for pet stores to do any sort of thing like that. And I'm only 17 as well, while many think all the 'teens' are just there for money and know nothing of the care needed for any animal. I always urge people away from the bowls and such with all of my being.

ANYWAY, bigger is always better!
Here's my tank:

Mind you the plants have filled in a lot so there's more coverage :)
WillowTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #24 
shmifty5

wait, females can build bubble nests?
shmifty5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #25 
Jayy

yes females can make bubblenest
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #26 
colovergirl

Don't feel bad shmifty5 I'm new to betta fishess and nothing in the books says that they can and I didn't know that they could until I asked after my female betta made one yesturday.
colovergirl is offline   Reply With Quote