Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #1 
tumtum

tank dividers

Do most pet stores carry tank dividers? I was hoping to divide a 5 gallon tank and put a male betta on each side.
thanks
tumtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #2 
roadrunner

tank dividers

Hello there. I tried to look for some 5gal tank dividers myself, but most of the stores carry only 10+gal dividers and they are around $15+ each. I was messaged that it's really easy to make your own. I found one idea here for you.
http://www.petfish.net/kb/entry/365/
I've never done it myself but I'm planning to try it in near future after I move.
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
Do most pet stores carry tank dividers? I was hoping to divide a 5 gallon tank and put a male betta on each side.
thanks
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #3 
tumtum

Wow, thanks alot! I Have an old binder laying around and i think i'll use that, also i am currently using a filter that came with my one gallon tank, and i doubt it will work in my new one, so what time should I get?
thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #4 
tumtum

Sorry meant what kind should i get, and i didnt actually know what kind of tank it was, it turns out its a 10 gallon, i used a binder to divide it and i have a betta fish on each side, Mickey and Mario.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #5 
AndiH

I have a 5g bow front that at one time I had divided in two. I couldn't find anything local so went to the local auto glass shop and asked for a piece of scrap the right side. I then used my brother's drill to make small holes in a grid pattern. I could have left it clear, but I sanded it lightly to make it opaque. I just used suction cups to hold it in place. It worked very well and only cost like $5 because it was scrap plexi.
AndiH is offline   Reply With Quote