Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #1 
5green

Angry OMG help!!!

so im going out of the country this summer and i cant leave my fish unattended 4 a month! soo my aunt WAS going 2 take care of them UNTIL (idk y im capitalizing dat :p) she realized i had 4 fish tanks ;) so now i have no clue on wat 2 do with my fishies (praobly just gonna stuff them in her house @ the last second 8)8) lol cnt wait till SUMMER
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #2 
Mister Sparkle

You have to realize that 4 aquariums for a month is quite a bit to ask of someone. Know anyone that shares your love of fishies?
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #3 
Sella

Whoa, I don't know what you're going to do about this situation! I really HOPE your aunt decides to be a good auntie and look after your fish while you're gone! Omg I can't wait for summer either!!

Last edited by wake49; 05-10-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:12 AM   #4 
Kittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sella View Post
whoa idk whut u r gunna do abut dis situashun! i rly HOPE ur aunt desides 2 be a gud auntie and look afta ur feeshe wyle ur gone!...omg I cnt wate fer summer Either!!
You might find it easier to find a pet-sitter if you divvy up your bettas. One or two fish per person, depending on how many sources you might be able to exhaust.

Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #5 
1fish2fish

OP.. Unfortunately the downside to having pets is sometimes you have to make sacrifices. If you can find someone who is willing to watch your fish thats fine. Maybe you could offer a small fee, just like you would if someone were babysitting your kids. If not you have to think of whats the right thing to do by your pet.

1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have sent mine to 2 different people before because one person didn't want to take both of mine. When I had only 2. lolI was gone for 10 daysrecently and mine were fed only 3 times in that whole period so they don't need to be taken care of every single day like a cat or dog.

Last edited by wake49; 05-10-2010 at 09:17 AM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #7 
vaygirl

Yeah, don't stuff them in her house. If she doesn't want to do it then forcing them on her at the last second is not the best way to handle things. If you supply her with detailed instructions and everything she needs to do the job, that might go a long way towards changing her mind. Or you'll have to make a different arrangement.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #8 
xxabc

What I would be concerned about is the water changes. If she does not own fish, I don't think she will be happy with water changes. Especially if they are smaller tanks and need to be changed more often. In this situation, not-feeding-the-fish is not a good idea. Even if you feed them less, you'd end up doing water changes anyway. I would agree with Kittles - divvy them up and spread them around. To people you trust, of course.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

Even if you do divy them up make sure to tell them to feed sparingly. Tell them to only feed the fish once a week, it won't hurt the fish and it will help in case your babysitters aren't very strict on your water change schedules.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #10 
ecoprincess

lol

What great ideas and suggestions mentioned...

1) Try to divie them up (more then one sitter)
2) Tell them to feed maybe 3 - 4 days in that (10 day) period
3) Dont worry about water change - keep it simple (u can even give them some water in a 1gal jug that is conditioned....they can skim a few cups off the top of the old water and add some back into the tank w/ your water - partial should be enough with low feeding schedule)

Should be fine..... :) :)
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote