Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2010, 03:15 AM   #1 
Blu

Question picky female

hi^^
i recently got a female betta to breed with my male Axel and she refuses to eat anything but frozen blood worms..any ideas on how to ease her into other foods?..like the pellets that are supposed to be her daily food

every time i put in flake,pellet, or other she just looks at it, then at me and swims away, but shell gobble a blood worm almost as big as she is..
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #2 
ScuitoAmi150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
hi^^
i recently got a female betta to breed with my male Axel and she refuses to eat anything but frozen blood worms..any ideas on how to ease her into other foods?..like the pellets that are supposed to be her daily food

every time i put in flake,pellet, or other she just looks at it, then at me and swims away, but shell gobble a blood worm almost as big as she is..
Wow! Just gonna say, this is weird. Lol. I have a male named Axel and the female I bought to be his "girlfriend" only like bloodworms right now, too.

Well....you can't feed her the bloodworms every day. That isn't good for her. But she will eventually get hungry and decide that the pellets are yummy. However, if she goes a week without eating I would get worried & feed her a bloodworm just so she eats something. But then keep trying to feed her the pellets.
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #3 
doggyhog

Try soaking a pellet in bloodworm juice.. Mmmm... Yum!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #4 
angelus2402004

^ Or soaking it in Garlic juice?
angelus2402004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #5 
Blu

hmm ill have to try the bloodworm juice..is garlic bad for fish?..i know its not good for dogs, which i was suprised to hear cause people give it to them all the time..though i guess fish and dogs are a bit different..heheh

ScuitoAmi150
lol is it after the kingdom hearts axel?..what color is your Axel?
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #6 
xxabc

For a week, force-feed her the pellets. Only give her pellets day and night. Harsh, but that's how things are done, you know?

Garlic juice is perfectly fine for bettas. They seem to favor it, actually. While it may not make them eat immediately, it can be good for them in the long run. Natural garlic (garlic cloves) are said to enhance their immune system.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote