Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #1 
Twitch

Wanting to Get Betta

I used to keep bettas a while ago. Actually I found this forum and went to sign up, only to find out I had signed up a few years ago. Well I work at a Petsmart and I feel the pull of the betta fish again. I used to want to breed bettas. It is still an interest, but for now I am focusing on breeding my other exotic pets (corn snakes, ball pythons, rats, mice). I want to start off with just a male or female betta and just keep him/her as a pet for a while and then if I find I have the time and money to breed, I will. Actually I was thinking of going ahead and getting a male and female, but I have no intention of breeding them right now.

I have two 2.5gallon tanks. The temperature in the house stays pretty warm. 75-84. I plan on using live plants and gravel. Just making sure this will be a good home for them.
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:35 AM   #2 
Rain Drop

Sounds okay to me. Just keep up on the water changes =3
and have a thermometer just to make sure that the water temp. really is warm enough (and consistent!)
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #3 
s3kshun62

At least you have a place where you can grab a good amount of items. Both of my bettas are in 2.5 gal tanks with live pants. They love it. Find a good hiding place. I know that little chinese lantern ornament Petsmart sales is a great place. Sushi loves it!
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote