Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #1 
Jwoz

Cool Setting Up a New Tank Soon and Had Questions

Well I decided on a 20 gal long. It will be divded into four sections and I was wondering what kind of plants to use because I want it fairly heavily as far as plants. All plants will be live. I was also curious as to what filter would work the best and not create a huge current. thanks!!

Edit: tank dimensions are 12"W 12"H 30"L

Last edited by Jwoz; 05-12-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: added tank dimensions
Jwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 AM   #2 
s3kshun62

I have an Aquaclear 20 in my Fluval Edge. It comes standard, but its extremely quiet, and it's powerful....by that I mean it can filter quite a bit. It's got a pretty slow current too, so I wouldnt worry about it shoving around your bettas. It'll run around $25.00-$30.00. Try using different plants per section. Go with themes. Amazon sword, water wisteria, red ludwigia, melon sword, corkscrew vale. There are some great tall plants out there that'll provide cover. Grab some fertilizer if you can. Hope it all works out, please take some pics of the process!
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #3 
Welsh

A sponge filter is the quietest filter IMO it also has a nice current. I have the Aquael internal filter that came with the tank, they are really easy to clean too, just rinse it in a bucket of tank water and your good to go =)

As for the plants, I recently just bought rosaefolia, its a purple/ pink plant and looks really nice. Fountain Plants (don't know the correct name) are also good, they are easy to take care of and don't leave a mess around the tank like anacharis' you can also go for amazon swords, java fern, moss, water sprite, ludwigia. I also use tetra plant fertilizer to keep them looking nice and healthy =)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote