Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #1 
zeppelfloyd

Question Just one more quick question. (fin rot??)

Hey guys, thanks for your help with my earlier problems, my dude is getting over what I believe was mild constipation and he seems to be swimming around quite nicely and he really has calmed down quite a bit, hes back to his old lazy betta self

But I was just wondering if fin rot ever manifests itself in redness of the fins. My betta is white, has a cool little red patch on his head (which is part of his color, not an illness), and the fins are a dark blue close to his body, but on the ends I've noticed red. I'm not sure if its just part of my fish I overlooked before, or if this means he has fin rot.
I've heard alot of different things, what are the odds of this redness being fin rot? I know transparency is another thing to look out for but it is definitely not transparent, and I haven't seen any decaying. I included a picture I took when he was coming up for air so he may look a bit awkward lol. But I think you can see everything I'm talking about. Does it look at all suspicious? I have melafix just incase something like this were to come up so I could treat immediately. Any suggestions?
Attached Images

zeppelfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #2 
zeppelfloyd

and just to explain the picture! The ticket is leaned up against the tank because he likes to hide behind it sometimes. You may notice the bubbles all around , he seems to blow them all along the edges with random ones in the middle occasionally. And I put some stuff on the outside of his tank for him to look at, I try to keep it switched up occasionally so he stays nice and curious. But I don't switch it up often enough to make him nervous.
zeppelfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #3 
Rain Drop

It could be the start of bacteria....either way, always keep his tank clean, clean, clean! You can also add a little bit of aquarium salt to his tank (how much depends on the size of his container) to keep possible infections at bay.
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote