Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #11 
The Bear

Ugh... well. When we went to the pet store, we were directed to some other treatment. Not sure if it's working or not. But I can say that the spot on the eye has not gotten any larger since I noticed it over a week ago.

Problem now is... we are going on vacation for about 3 days. So we're running into a little dilemma. We are doing a little water change and got feeders for when we are gone... but we can't really medicate him until we get back.

We are going to try the stuff that you recommended when we get back. Hopefully he'll still be OK. Other than the spot, he's seemed completely normal.

*sigh* I just wish we weren't convinced to go with something else.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #12 
The Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlightdawn View Post
Hey The Bear, the dots seem to be almost gone from Drae's eyes, I'm just wondering if your fish is looking any better
Hey Dawn, I just got back from vacation the other day. Al was in good spirits as usual but still had the dot on his eye (not really worse than it was before we left).

Are the dots all gone now? I'm thinking of buying the stuff you reccomended today or tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #13 
sjones

I had this issue with Clampy too, I have added 1 tsp aq salt to his water for 2-3 weeks and it has cleared up, but I still do not know what it was or is
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:23 AM   #14 
streetlightdawn

Hey, sorry I haven't been on in awhile Bear, Drae's seem to be mostly cleared up, how's your little guy doing? I was worried for a few days cause it seemed like it started to get worse but it's better now...

And SJones, I've been doing salt baths because I don't have another tank with a heater and the tank I have Drae in now also has cory cats which are really sensetive to salt... It seems like the salt baths are working well in conjunction with the medication though
streetlightdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #15 
The Bear

Started giving him the medicated food 2 days ago, then of course he looked a little bloated Guess he's been fed too much lately between the weekend feeder when we were gone and his meals (maybe not used to pellets yet).

The eye seemed a little better after the few feedings and overall he's in good spirits. So... we'll see what happens!