Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2010, 03:01 AM   #1 
Twjones87

Question Not sure whats going on now...

Ok, Archimedes got better and started swimming around. I noticed earlier that he is staying around the top of the water and kinda on his side. He is usually black on his head, but he is getting kinda greyish, what could be wrong. I have been changing the water, and doing everything I should. I had an accident with my 10 gal tank, long story short my cat jumped on it and knocked it over. So its gonna be the weekend before I can get naother one. I dont like having him in the vase this long. Once I get another tank, I will have to cylce it before putting him in right? i think he is getting stressed being in that little vase. Would appreciate any input...thanks
Twjones87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 AM   #2 
metalbetta

If he's used to a 10 gallon tank stress might be it?

Mine have been stuck in crappy gallon tanks til I can get them all larger ones, but they look healthy, they're eating, and are definitely active. Flaring and all lol. Aside from my male being a little lethargic every so often they seem happy.

But swimming around on his side? I'm definitely not an expert on illnesses as I've only owned one sick betta in my lifetime, but that doesn't sound good at all. Are you sure he's not still sick?
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #3 
Twjones87

well he hasnt been in the 10 gal yet. I was getting ready to put him in thursday... he isnt really swimming on his side, more like floating. When he swims around its like nothing is wrong. I have only had him 2 1/2 weeks. He wasnt sick before, i think he was just bored or stressed from being in the lil vase.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:36 AM   #4 
metalbetta

I bought a nice looking but frail red male CT a few weeks ago, and when I brought him home and got him set up in his tank, he began swimming vertically. with his head at the surface and his tail hanging towards the bottom. And he was doing the floating thing too. Not much more movement than that when he was at the surface. He could swim fine though.
Surely enough he passed the next morning. I hadn't even had the chance to name him yet :/
I'm not positive what was wrong, but I'm sure the poor little guy was already on his way out.
I don't mean to scare you or anything! But what you're describing definitely does not sound like boredom.

Last edited by metalbetta; 05-18-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #5 
Twjones87

Well if that is whats going on, that sux, cause 1. he was a b-day gift and 2. i done spent all this money...lol...if for some reason he dont make it, i guess I have the stuff to get another one, and he wont have to stay in that little container lol
Old 05-18-2010, 03:49 AM   #6 
metalbetta

I'm crossing my fingers for you that that's not the case!!!